Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Why is November so busy? 2016/2/14 16:40
have the olympics in brasil been moved to japan? :)
i went to japan last year in july with my son. i started to book accommodation 5 months before we left. it was soooo easy - never had any no rooms available issues. july was hot but faaaaantastic, there were no tourists anywhere...except for us lol
im guessing my trip this year with my wife in november will be different? im expecting huge crowds as this time iv started booking 8 months prior and im having huge issues with having many places solidly booked out - even with juggling around dates.
Is this normal for november or is there some event that im missing?
regards
ronnie :D
by AussieRonnie  

Re: Why is November so busy? 2016/2/14 18:31
Two possible main reasons I can think of:

1) You are looking to stay in destinations that are famous for autumn colors, such as Kyoto and surroundings

2) A considerable number of hotels may not accept reservations yet
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Why is November so busy? 2016/2/14 20:30
hi Uji-san,

Thank you for your reply. ok that makes sense. although our itinerary is quite expansive and includes many towns, all of which we have experienced fully booked lodgings.

I may try contacting the places directly rather than via the internet booking sites. :D

by AussieRonnie rate this post as useful

Re: Why is November so busy? 2016/2/15 03:09
I think @Uji has hit the nail on the head with this.

2) A considerable number of hotels may not accept reservations yet

Many hotels will not take bookings more than six months in advance.
by Stan Norrell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why is November so busy? 2016/2/15 07:31
It does depend on where you are going/staying. It is a little early to get good availability via the booking engines - try individual hotels if you know where you want to stay.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Why is November so busy? 2016/2/16 18:52
thx guys,

thats great feedback. i have tentatively booked some places with cancellation options and will ry again with some of my fav places a little closer to our holiday :)
by AussieRonnie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread