Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places to stay near/in Daisetsuzan NP 2016/2/24 19:09
Hey guys :)
NP stands for National Park.
Anyway, on 19.5-21.5 we would like to spend some time in Daisetsuzan, the place we wanted to stay was http://park19.wakwak.com/~shirakaba/aboutus.html but apparently it will be closed in these dates above so we're looking for an alternative.
We travel by public transportation, so we would some place that would be easily accessed.
We're not so fancy so even cheap places (but we wont compromise on hot shower and clean beds) is fine.
By WE I mean me and my friend.
Thanks for the help.
Btw if Daisetsuzan is easily accessed from Asahikawa we would consider sleeping in Asahikawa as well..
by AmitBL  

Re: Places to stay near/in Daisetsuzan NP 2016/2/25 11:35
Hi AmitBL

I can't suggest individual hotels, but I can strongly recommend a couple of places around Daisetsuzan to stay in...

If you're heading to the southern end of the range, be sure to go to Furano. It's really one of the most beautiful places in Hokkaido. Also make sure you see the flower fields around Biei. You can get great views of Tokachi-dake, the volcano at the southern tip of the Daisetsuzan range, from all around there.

If you're heading around the northern end in the area of Kurodake, you should check out Sounkyo, a village set in a stunning river gorge with great waterfalls all around. They freeze in winter, and it's a very popular ice-climbing spot.

If I remember correctly, you can get from Asahikawa to the ropeway for Asahidake by bus fairly quickly (about an hour? Not 100% sure though), so that's worth doing if you get good weather.

Hope that help :)

Tony
(http://climbjapan.blogspot.jp/)
by TonyGrant rate this post as useful

Re: Places to stay near/in Daisetsuzan NP 2016/2/28 15:53
Do you think Biei or Furano is good base for exploring Daisetsuzan? Which is better? We only got two days and we want to make the best of it
by AmitBL rate this post as useful

reply to this thread