Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting a Taxi in a Small Town 2016/3/26 20:11
Hello There,

I'm not really one to take taxis, I've had to take one at last resort, but I just hate the prices. In all fairness, I'd rather just walk. However we want to visit places that are rather far away from stations, and my attempt to walk on Japanese country roads was... rather problematic.

We had a hard time finding a Taxi in a place as small as Tanabe before, and this time there is a possibility to go to an even smaller town. We've kinda tapped our budget thin and don't want to have a cell service specifically just for the few times we call taxis. So I ask, is there a surefire time or something where the most taxis will be at a station, or maybe a way to contact them via the station? I believe the stations are big enough to at least have people at a desk, so is asking the station master a possibility or would I be annoying him/her?
by ChrisCoasttoCoast  

Re: Getting a Taxi in a Small Town 2016/3/27 14:50

I believe the stations are big enough to at least have people at a desk, so is asking the station master a possibility or would I be annoying him/her?

I have been in a same situation, no taxi, worse still I do not speak Japanese. My only option then was to ask the station staff, and he gladly called the taxi for us. Problem solved.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a Taxi in a Small Town 2016/3/28 03:08
Oh good, well that seems simple enough at least. Good to clarify that.
by ChrisCoasttoCoast rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a Taxi in a Small Town 2016/3/28 09:24
There are Smartphone apps by which you can send your location from GPS to call taxi. (Problem is app itself is in Japanese...) http://japantaxi.jp/
by GattoNegro rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a Taxi in a Small Town 2016/3/28 10:38
Usually there's a signboard with a phone number at the taxi stop and a payphone nearby.
by kms (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting a Taxi in a Small Town 2016/3/28 15:50
Are you just visiting or staying somewhere - you could ask your accommodation provider to organise one for you (a real accommodation provider would normally help, illegal rentals might help).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread