Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reservation fare with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2016/3/30 11:39
I have a couple of questions about using the JR KANSAI WIDE AREA PASS, which I really appreciate if you could help me with. I know there are answers to similar questions in the forum, however, they haven't been update for quite sometime.

1. Can I reserve the seat on the following trains using the JR KANSAI WIDE AREA PASS ? And will I need to pay the cost for reservation on any of these ?
- Ltd. Exp. Haruka (Kanasi to Kyoto)
- JR Special Rapid Service
- Ltd. Exp. Kinosaki
- Ltd. Exp. Konotori

2. Is smoking allowed on the train ?

Thank You
by Visuth  

Re: Reservation fare with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2016/3/30 20:43
1. Can I reserve the seat on the following trains using the JR KANSAI WIDE AREA PASS ? And will I need to pay the cost for reservation on any of these ?
- Ltd. Exp. Haruka (Kanasi to Kyoto)
- Ltd. Exp. Kinosaki
- Ltd. Exp. Konotori

Seat reservations are not covered. If you want to use reserved seats, then you have to pay the limited express fee separately.

- JR Special Rapid Service

Seat reservations are not possible.

2. Is smoking allowed on the train ?

No.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation fare with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2016/3/31 04:05
Just to be clear.

On the Ltd. Exp. Haruka, the fare is 1,880 and the seat fee (reserved seat) is 1,690. Then if I were to use the KANSAI WIDE AREA PASS with reservation would I have to pay 1,690 or 3,570.

Thank you
by Visuth rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation fare with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2016/3/31 05:59
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation fare with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2016/3/31 08:56
Note that the specific fee varies by +/- 200 yen depending on the date. It is often just 1490 yen, and can be as low as 1290 yen. Right now is high-season, therefore, it costs 1690 yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation fare with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2016/3/31 17:56
ok

Thank you very much for your help.

Re: Reservation fare with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2016/3/31 19:01
Just to be sure, you are aware that reservation is usually not necessary, right ?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Reservation fare with Kansai Wide Area Pass 2016/3/31 20:34
Yes, I do.

reply to this thread