Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamikochi parking Golden Week 2016/3/31 21:37
I thought I had posted this question earlier this month, but I never received any updates and didn't find it in the search engine. I apologize if this is a double post.

I have one day to go to Kamikochi during Golden Week. Coming from the Kanazawa area, where is the best place to park and take the bus to Kamikochi? I worry that because it's Golden Week, there will be limited or no parking.
by ... (guest)  

Re: Kamikochi parking Golden Week 2016/4/1 08:28
Coming from the Kanazawa area, where is the best place to park and take the bus to Kamikochi?

Where are you going afterwards? There is a parking lot in Hirayu and there are multiple parking lots on the Nagano side which I would use if I were to continue on to Matsumoto afterwards. They all cost around 600 yen per calendar day (i.e. 1200 yen overnight), and the taxi fare to Kamikochi is around 4000 yen one way. You could also take a bus:

Here are details in Japanese:
http://www.kamikochi.or.jp/access/transfer/

I worry that because it's Golden Week, there will be limited or no parking.

I think Kamikochi is not too popular of a Golden Week destination yet (hiking into the higher elevations is not possible yet). I would expect the parking lots' capacity to be sufficient.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kamikochi parking Golden Week 2016/4/2 14:21
Thanks Uji!

Will the hike to Taisho Pond, Tashiro Pond, Tashiro Bridge, Kappa Bridge, Takezawa Marsh, Myojin Pond, and Myojin Bridge be okay to travel? Or will the snow and weather still be too tough to hike?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamikochi parking Golden Week 2016/4/2 15:11
Will the hike to Taisho Pond, Tashiro Pond, Tashiro Bridge, Kappa Bridge, Takezawa Marsh, Myojin Pond, and Myojin Bridge be okay to travel? Or will the snow and weather still be too tough to hike?

Hiking down in the valley should be no problem. I was referring to the longer hikes to the surrounding mountain tops.

Re: Kamikochi parking Golden Week 2016/4/21 11:40
Uji,

I forgot to mention...
I am coming from Toyama and going back to Toyama after Kamikochi.
Is it possible to just park at the Kamikochi bus terminal?

Re: Kamikochi parking Golden Week 2016/4/21 11:58
Uji,

I apologize. I'm very tired this morning. I forgot private cars are not allowed at the Kamikochi bus terminal.

The map shows the easiest way from Toyama is to go to Takayama.
Take a bus from Takayama to Hirayu Onsen.
Take a bus from Hirayu Onsen to Kamikochi.

I've been to Takayama during many seasons and it is always busy.
The parking there is awful and there have been times when I haven't been able to find parking.

Is it possible to park at/near Hirayu Onsen?

Re: Kamikochi parking Golden Week 2016/4/21 12:02
Is it possible to park at/near Hirayu Onsen?

Yes, it is.

Information in Japanese:
http://www.kamikochi.or.jp/access/transfer/

Re: Kamikochi parking Golden Week 2016/4/21 12:05
Thank you!!!
It says "Hirayu Hirayu parking lot" is good to park.
However, I cannot find a specific address to enter into a GPS.
I cannot read Japanese well, so I am trying to use translations.

Re: Kamikochi parking Golden Week 2016/4/21 12:23
There is a small parking lot at the bus center itself and a huge one just above town. You can see it here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1931226,137.5542971,877m/data=!3m1!1e3

reply to this thread