Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cherry Blossom Status in Gunma Prefecture 2016/4/5 21:30
I was planning on trying to see cherry blossoms in Gunma Prefecture this weekend and wanted to get general idea of popular locations and blooming status.
by Jackets  

Re: Cherry Blossom Status in Gunma Prefecture 2016/4/6 18:24
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry Blossom Status in Gunma Prefecture 2016/4/6 19:10
The trees in my city (near Takasaki) are still nice, but petals are starting to fall. The weather tomorrow may speed the falling petals along, so it is hard to say how nice the trees will be this weekend. Trees in Takasaki and Maebashi (the flat parts of the prefecture) are all around the same status. But trees in slightly higher elevations might be ok... hopefully someone will add more information.

Where were you planning on going?
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry Blossom Status in Gunma Prefecture 2016/4/6 19:16
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
by Jackets rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry Blossom Status in Gunma Prefecture 2016/4/7 08:27
The state of the blossoms varies greatly between the areas of Gunma. For example, the wonderful Akagi Senbonzakura area still seems to be approaching full bloom and is probably going to be very nice over the coming 1-2 weeks (but access is a little challenging):
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7427.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry Blossom Status in Gunma Prefecture 2016/4/7 21:41
Answer to question asked by user--scarreddragon--
I did not have a particular location in mind. Actually, I wanted to hit at least 2 to 3 if drive was not that far apart. Any help on blooming status for good locations would be appreciated.

Re: Cherry Blossom Status in Gunma Prefecture 2016/4/7 22:28
After the rain and wind today, surprisingly the blossoms on many trees still look very nice, so I think it would be worth a trip this weekend.

Tatebayashi has a really nice river side (Tsuruda I think is the name?) with sakura and koi no bori together, and I really like Takasaki's big Kannon statue as well. Maebashi's Shikishima park is also a really famous area. You could probably do all three of those spots in a day if you left early enough and didn't spend too much time at each.

by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry Blossom Status in Gunma Prefecture 2016/4/8 20:09
Thank you for your advice. I have a question about the blooming status of couple of other locations--Akagi Nanmen and Iwai Cherry Blossom Path. Thanks again.

reply to this thread