Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/8 01:04
Hello
We will be staying in an hotel near Shinjuku Station and would like to make a day trip to Nikko.
Unfortunately, I understand the 2 day Nikko pass described on this website is not valid from Shinjuku, since trains to Nikko start from Asakusa station.
Paying the full price for a round ticket from Shinjuku to Nikko and back is quite expensive (8000 Yen/person) and we will have, above this, to pay for each bus transportation in Nikko. An very expensive journey !
Can anybody help me to find the best easiest way to go from Shinjuku to Asakusa station and do our day trip using a Nikko pass ? Thanks a lot.
by luc and yvette  

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/8 08:42
JR Chuo Line and Ginza Subway Line via Kanda:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/8 15:26
the 2 day nikko pass is 2670 yen, not 8000. it also covers bus only to Toshogu Temple.

the all nikko pass is 4520 and covers more buse areas.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_002.html
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/8 16:33
Go to Tokyo metro Shinjuku Station(not JR or any other "Shinjuku Sta"), Marunouchi Line(Red color) departs for Ikebukuro on plat form No.2(not for "Ogikubo sta" depart on plat form No.1), as you arrive "Akasaka-mitsuke sta", off there, Tokyo metro Ginza line(Orange/gold color) arrives in fron of you, get in, you will automatically arrive "Asakusa sta".
In Tokyo metro Shinjuku sta, go to Marunouchi line cabin No. 1,2 or 3, if you can get in cabin No. 1,2 or 3, Ginza line arrives in fron of you in Akasaka-mitsuke sta, if you get in cabin No.4,5 or 6, you need to walk 10-20 seconds distance toward Ginza line plat form.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/8 17:51
Hi
Thank you Hakata14 for your reply, but this is exactly the problem I have.
I know the 2 days Nikko pass is 2670 Yens, but it is not usable for us since we are staying in Shinjuku.
And if we go from Shinjuku to Nikko the round trip is 8.000 Yens (4000/each way).
This is why I posted a message and I was searching for the best solution to go from Shinjuku to to Asakusa station, and take the Nikko pass from there.
by luc and yvette rate this post as useful

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/8 17:55
thanks to all of you for your help.
Now it's clear for me !
Yvette

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/8 18:10
Hello Uji
Thanks for your post. So just to be sure :
- from Shinjuku I take the JR Chuo Line and Ginza Subway line via Kanda (using our Metro Suica card or a one day pass)
- when I arrive at Asakusa (tobu subway) I take the Tobu skytree Line Section Rapid to Tobu-Nikko. This trip (and the trip back from Nikko to Asakusa in the evening) will be covered by the 2 days Nikko pass.
I presume we can by the Nikko pass in Asakusa station ?

Is the above well correct ?
Thank you very much

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/8 19:21
tokyo friend 48 is correct!
Transfer at Akasaka-mitsuke is very easy.
by TYO girl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/8 19:30
Just anoter question :
we would like to leave to Nikko quite early in the morning (around 7.30/8 am) to catch an early train in Asakusa and enjoy a long day in Nikko.
Our day trip in Nikko will be on an Monday morning : is the metro line to Asakusa not to crowded at that time ?
Looking for your way in a foreign country and in a crowded metro is a bit frigthening :-)

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/9 08:26
from Shinjuku I take the JR Chuo Line and Ginza Subway line via Kanda (using our Metro Suica card or a one day pass)

It is just "Suica". Metro has nothing to do with it.

The route via Kanda is how I would travel. But the route suggested by Tokyo Friend is actually cheaper, and the transfer is easier. On the other hand, it takes a little longer.

when I arrive at Asakusa (tobu subway) I take the Tobu skytree Line Section Rapid to Tobu-Nikko. This trip (and the trip back from Nikko to Asakusa in the evening) will be covered by the 2 days Nikko pass.

Yes, the trip from Asakusa by Section Rapid trains is covered.

I presume we can by the Nikko pass in Asakusa station ?

Note the business hours:
http://www.tobu.co.jp/foreign/en/tourist/index.html#passbooth

Our day trip in Nikko will be on an Monday morning : is the metro line to Asakusa not to crowded at that time ?

The trains are not very crowded before 7am. The real rush is after 8am.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Best way from Shinjuku to Asakusa? 2016/4/9 10:04
There are several subways and train lines running through the Shinjuku area. Your best route to Asakusa will depend on your starting point. For example if you're in western Shinjuku, it might be fastest to take the Oedo subway line or even the Toei Shinjuku subway line.

To find the best route you should use Google Maps. Search for Asakusa station as your end point, then click on the map at the spot where your hotel is to set it as the starting point. You can also specify the time of day you're traveling.

Have a good trip!
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread