Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Alphine advance ticket require? 2016/4/8 18:29
I am planning to visit the Tateyama alphine route on 30May2016 which is a weekday. Should I purchase the ticket from Dentetsu Toyama station or the Tateyama station. If I purchase ticket on the day, will I able to get on the cable car early enough allowing me to do a return trip to the Dam ? Looks like it will take 7 hours return just on travelling. Any help most appreciate. KL
by KL (guest)  

Re: Tateyama Alphine advance ticket require? 2016/4/9 08:32
Should I purchase the ticket from Dentetsu Toyama station or the Tateyama station.

I am not familiar with your itinerary. But assuming that you start you start tarveling from Toyama, then you can and should buy the entire ticket at Toyama rather than buying separate tickets for the Toyama-Tateyama section and the rest.

If I purchase ticket on the day, will I able to get on the cable car early enough allowing me to do a return trip to the Dam ?

It depends on how busy it is and how early you start. On really busy days and with a late start it may not be possible.

As for the question in your title: No, it is not required to buy tickets in advance. But it is possible to make a reservation for the Tateyama Cablecar (unless you use the Alpine-Takayama-Matsumoto Area Tourist Pass):
http://www.alpen-route.com/ticket/en/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Alphine advance ticket require? 2016/4/13 20:23
When I make a reservation, do my credit card get charge immediately ?
by KL (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread