Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Saga Arashiyama - Kinkakuji 2016/4/10 23:10
HI I would like to do one day tour in Arashiyama and Kinkakuji. My plan is to visit Arashiyama first, then Kinkakuji. How can I go to Kinkakuji from Arashiyama, I read that I need to take bus no 11 in Arashiyama and transfer to bus 59 to go to Kinkakuji. Where is exactly the bus stop in Arashiyama? Is it near Saga Arashiyama JR station?. or is it better to go back to Kyoto station and take 101 bus to Kinkakuji? Is raku bus (100,101,102) covered by kyoto 1 day pass?
by SLFF  

Re: Saga Arashiyama - Kinkakuji 2016/4/11 10:13
The bus stop you'll need is in the main street of Arashiyama. It is across the road from Arashiyama Station on the Randen Keikufu Railway, not Saga-Arashiyama of the JR West Railway.

If you google map is and hit the directions tab. It will show you the locations of the bus stops.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Saga Arashiyama - Kinkakuji 2016/4/11 12:01
What you can do is to visit one of these places after Kinkakuji.
Ryoanji, Myoshinji, or Ninna-ji.
They are all within walking distance of the trams. Walking to them and taking them are interesting as they serve the smaller suburban areas of Kyoto.

Ryoan-ji is further compared to the rest to the stations but you can walk by Ritsumeikan University.

The trains are direct to Arashiyama just opposite from Tenryuji.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Saga Arashiyama - Kinkakuji 2016/4/11 15:08
Use Arukumachikyoto.

http://www.arukumachikyoto.jp/index.php?lang=en

Enter Sagaarashiyama in "Departure" box. Arukumachi shows some candidate and you select appropriate one. And the enter Kinkakuji in "Arrival" box.

http://goo.gl/tfNyzK

You can see some routes and if you select "See Map" tab, Arukumachi will show you the route map. Very easy and useful. Please try it!
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread