Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

14 days pass travei from tokyo to hokkaido 2016/4/22 17:29
hi,
I am from Singapore , I intend to have a vacation in Tokyo and Hokkaido with my wife next year. I have read online that I can purchase the JR east south Hokkaido rail pass which I can travel from Tokyo to Hokkaido within 14days period .I would like to ask you is it that if I buy the 27000 yen ticket I can travel the whole of Hokkaido and then also can take the Shinkansen bullet train back to Tokyo within 14days as stated . mean this pass are for to and fro?? correct me if I am wrong and very much appreciate and waiting for your reply. I have attached my email address ontop.
thank you very much.
regards
w.k loh
by loh wai kheong (guest)  

Re: 14 days pass travei from tokyo to hokkaido 2016/4/22 18:55
you cannot travel the whole of hokkaido, hence the name of the pass, jr-east-south hokkaido rail pass.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/

by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days pass travei from tokyo to hokkaido 2016/4/22 19:13
The key areas that it serves (within Hokkaido) are:
Sapporo (Capital of Hokkaido)
Hakodate (Last stop of Shinkansen line and a city with European influence)
Noboribetsu (One of Japan best onsen)
Lake Toya (Beautiful circular lake)
shin-Chitose Airport

It does not serve to the skiing region around Daisetsuzan or the beautiful snowscape area of Biei.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days pass travei from tokyo to hokkaido 2016/4/23 10:22
hi Hakata/jh
Thank for your reply to my question, my question is if I purchase the 27000yen pass , can I ask u if I want to use it to travel to hakodate station and after my holidays maybe a few days in hakodate and then I use the same pass to travel back to Tokyo and continue my holiday in Tokyo.i hope my question is clear this time and hope to hear from u soonest.
thank you very much
regards
w.k loh
by loh wai kheong (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days pass travei from tokyo to hokkaido 2016/4/23 12:34
hakodate to tokyo is covered by the pass

Re: 14 days pass travei from tokyo to hokkaido 2016/4/23 19:12
hi hakata,
Thank you very much for your reply ,sorry maybe I am a bit long winded but I just want to confirm , that mean when I purchase the 27000yen pass I can use it to travel from Tokyo to hokodate and stay in hokodate for a few days for my holiday and then I can use the same pass to travel back to Tokyo to continue my holiday in Tokyo , that mean the pass I buy 270000yen is for two way travel from Tokyo to hokodate and travel back from hokodate to Tokyo??
sorry for the in convenient cause , hope to get a reply from u .
Thank you very much
regards,
w.k.loh

Re: 14 days pass travei from tokyo to hokkaido 2016/4/23 20:09
Yes. You can use it any six days of 14. One day to hakodate, one day return. Four other days of your choice it can be used on.

Re: 14 days pass travei from tokyo to hokkaido 2016/4/24 10:13
hi hakata,
Good morning to you, thank you very much for your info and explaination on the above mentioned pass.
Once again thank you very much of your precious time in writing and replying my email for me.I will be planning be planning to go to Tokyo and hokkiado next year with my wife, mr hakata if u are planning to visit Singapore for vacation and if u have anything to ask me you can always drop me and email and I will try my best to assist you in any info u want to know about Singapore.
Once again thank you very much. Cheers
Regards
w.k.loh

reply to this thread