Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama-Hokuriku Tourist 5 Days Pass 2016/4/28 02:26
With the passes of 5Days Takayama-Hokuriku Tourist Pass (\13500) and Tateyama Kurobe Option ticket oneway (\9000) can be used with this itinerary;

Shinsaibashi - Takayama (Shirakawako) - Toyama (buy Tateyama Kurobe Option ticket for Alpine Route) Nagano*- Toyama* - Shinsaibashi - Kyoto - Shinsaibashi

*Can the pass of Takayama-Hokuriku Tourist pass be used on Nagano - Toyama since the ticket of Tateyama Kurobe option ticket is for oneway (Toyama - Nagano)? Much appreciate for your advise.
by Tasanee (guest)  

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku Tourist 5Days Pass 2016/4/28 13:22
Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass - NO
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_takayama_hokuriku.html

Hokuriku Arch Pass - YES
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_arch.html
by CaiDY rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku Tourist 5Days Pass 2016/4/28 19:50
Thanks for your reply.
With the purchase of Hokuriku Arch Pass you recommended, do I still need to purchase Tateyama Kurobe Option ticket for Alpine Route? If so, Can I purchase these passes for the same route?
1. Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist 5Days Pass
2. Tateyama Kurobe Option ticket for Alpine Route
3. Buy sector fare Nagano-Toyama Yen3,020

My understanding is "Nagano" not applicable for Takayama-Hokuriku Area Pass, then I purchase seperate Nagano-Toyama ticket in stead of purchasing Hokuriku Arch Pass which is much more expensive.
Please advise if my understanding is correct.
by Tasanee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku Tourist 5Days Pass 2016/4/29 06:57
3. Buy sector fare Nagano-Toyama Yen3,020

3020 yen is the "base fare" and you must add Shinkansen fee 4280 yen (7300 yen total).

My understanding is "Nagano" not applicable for Takayama-Hokuriku Area Pass, then I purchase seperate Nagano-Toyama ticket

You are right.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread