Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca & Haruka / Kansai One Pass 2016/4/28 16:15
Hello everyone, 3 days from now I'll be in Kansai so I need to book one of these online ASAP as the term for them is between 2 and 27 days before arriving, I believe.

To clear some things off, after thorough searches (yeah, I'm that bad, can't even get info about some simple documents haha) I came to the following conclusion, and please correct me. Afterwards, I'll explain the issue I have. So, about the two:

From what I see, both the pass and the ICOCA & Haruko are pretty much the same thing, aren't they? Basically, a rechargeable value card that already comes with a certain amount of money on it upon buying, that you can afterwards recharge so you won't have to pay with cash in stores or buy physical tickets on buses/trains/subways. Have I got everything right so far, hmm?

In which case, wouldn't I be better off buying the Kansai One Pass? As it offers me everything ICOCA and Haruka offers and more (discounts at certain places throughout Kansai Region).

Now, there's one thing I do not understand and also my main issue, does anyone know how big these discounts are and at which spots they apply exactly? Cause if I go on their page and chose for Benefit spots, I'm taken to another page where it shows me some places where I might get a discount using this Pass: http://kansaionepass.com/en/list/category/benefitspots

My confusion lays in the fact that if I press on Select a Region and go for Kyoto *one of the places I'll be in for 4 days*, are the results I'm getting places where Kansai One Pass will get me a discount? Or just popular places to visit? Cause some of them are free of charge so I don't understand why would that be a discounted place if there's no fee to begin with? Confused...

Also, on the ICOCA and Haruka page it says the following: "If you would like to change ICOCA card of ICOCA & HARUKA to Kansai One Pass and make a booking online,
please select gUnnecessaryh for gNumber of ICOCA cards for each designh in the application form."

Does this mean that I can book for an ICOCA and Haruka but instead get a Kansai One Pass if I select gUnnecessaryh for gNumber of ICOCA cards for each designh in the application form."? Or that I need to already own an ICOCA and Haruka before arriving in Kansai so I can change it to a Kansai One Pass?

And one last thing, can I use this card for both me and my girlfriend? Can we both get on busses/trains using this card or does she also have to own one?

Thank you very much, sorry for the wall of text but I needed to know that I explained everything in details so I get the specific answers I'm looking for. Have a good day.
by George Lazar (guest)  

Re: Icoca & Haruka / Kansai One Pass 2016/4/28 20:29
Sameful self-bumb :3
by George Lazar (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca & Haruka / Kansai One Pass 2016/4/29 01:39
From what I see, both the pass and the ICOCA & Haruko are pretty much the same thing, aren't they? Basically, a rechargeable value card that already comes with a certain amount of money on it upon buying, that you can afterwards recharge so you won't have to pay with cash in stores or buy physical tickets on buses/trains/subways.

Yep, got it.

Now, there's one thing I do not understand and also my main issue, does anyone know how big these discounts are and at which spots they apply exactly? Cause if I go on their page and chose for Benefit spots, I'm taken to another page where it shows me some places where I might get a discount using this Pass:

Places with a discount or some other benefit will say "benefit" in red. Clicking on the location will show you the exact benefit you get.

Does this mean that I can book for an ICOCA and Haruka but instead get a Kansai One Pass if I select gUnnecessaryh for gNumber of ICOCA cards for each designh in the application form."? Or that I need to already own an ICOCA and Haruka before arriving in Kansai so I can change it to a Kansai One Pass?

It sounds like the former instead of the latter.

And one last thing, can I use this card for both me and my girlfriend? Can we both get on busses/trains using this card or does she also have to own one?

Both if you will need your own pass.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread