Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone or Five Lakes for Mount Fuji (Views) 2016/4/29 22:38
Hi all,
on my first trip to Japan (at the end of october) I'd like to enjoy the view of mount Fuji. For that Ifd like to spend one night in a ryokan with onsen either in the Five Lakes Region or in Hakone whilst travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto.
I have no idea which place is better – better views, more interesting things to do, better to get there from Tokio and then leaving to Kyoto
Do you have any suggestion which place I should choose and maybe a recommendation for a ryokan (if it is a really nice place up to Y 25.000 per night for a room with private bathroom).
Thanks a lot
by BeGee (guest)  

Re: Hakone or Five Lakes for Mount Fuji (Views) 2016/4/30 07:59
For things to do. Use this website and check what appeals to you.

If views of Fuji-san are the main reason for selecting location, then Five Lakes has a better chance of seeing mount Fuji than Hakone.

Hakone has better access since Odawara has a Shinkansen station. But nothing an extra bus trip cannot fix to get to Five Lakes.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread