Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Enquiry on miyazu and ine area from osaka 2016/4/30 02:44
Hi,
We are looking to visit miyazu, ine and kyotango area from 17 sep-21 sep (4 nights) and are planning to rent a car there. We will be staying at a quite seluded area in between ine and Amanohashidate. After these 4 nights, we will set off to Tokyo Shinjuku.

1st) Is it recommended if we rent a car near that area then drive? Or should we drive out from Osaka/Kyoto(take train to Kyoto first)?? We will be staying at Osaka namba and setting off from that area.
2nd) Any recommended car rental? Only found one at amanohashidate. (Nippon rent car). Is it better if I return and set off from this station? Or should I return my car to Kyoto station?
3rd) At areas such as kyotango, ine and miyazu, will the parking or traffic be of any issue?
4th) Any tips for driving in japan? :)

I have tried googling for a few weeks but can't really find a good answer to the above :(
by yvonne (guest)  

Re: Enquiry on miyazu and ine area from osaka 2016/5/10 00:10
Hi, I'm a Japanese who live that area.

I think you should rent a car if possible.
By taking Kyoto Juukan Expressway, it's easy to get Amanohashidate from Osaka or Kyoto by car. It takes one hour and 15 minutes from Kyoto city.
If you take train to get to that area, you can rent car in front of Amanohashidate station. Nippon rent car is near Miyazu station, not Amanohashidate. Most closest rental store is wing rent a car (google it wing-renta.jp)

I hope you enjoy traveling northern part of Kyoto.
by Nozomi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread