Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Room with views like this 2016/5/1 02:51
Hi,
I came across this picture while googling something about Japan and got really tempted to stay one or some nights in a place with this kind of view.

http://img.travel.rakuten.co.jp/share/image_up/27923/LARGE/v9tjvn.jpeg

Is it really expensive to be expected? Like 2-30 000 JPY per night and up?

Is it called something special? Japanese tatami room with garden view?
by Orokosaki (guest)  

Re: Room with views like this 2016/5/1 11:49
That is most likely found in a ryokan-style accommodation. The room looks pretty nice so yes, I'd expect a high cost. Most ryokans have inner gardens which the rooms look out onto, so you could find a similar thing in many locations.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Room with views like this 2016/5/1 13:54
You might try Kurokawa in Kumamoto - there might be several places with such views.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Room with views like this 2016/5/1 16:01
As mentioned there are a number of ryokans that have a garden view. Usually tens if not hundreds of such ryokans per region.
However, this ryokan seems to be more special than the usual as the garden seems to be a private one. If so, the price can easily double or even triple.
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Room with views like this 2016/5/1 17:47
I searched on google images and found the following page.

http://www.jalan.net/uw/uwp3200/uww3201init.do?screenId=&stayCount=1&m...

This is a room of Koyou ryokan in Kaminoyama onsen (Yamagata), provided for dinner. You will have your own room for sleeping, but you dinner will be served in this room, which is a common style for some high class ryokan. The fare is from 42000 yen for two persons including dinner and breakfast, according to the above page. Of course, there should be cheaper ones somewhere in Japan, but the price seems to be reasonable considering their high standard of rooms, foods and services.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread