Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice on location & transport 2016/5/1 06:27
Hello, I am planning to visit Kansai area with my family, and I have a few questions as its still not quite clear for me what will be the best.

Our planned schedule is following:

Day 1 - Wednesday
Land to Osaka airport late evening, come to our friends house, night in Osaka.

Day 2 - Tuesday
Full day visit in Osaka with our friends family, night in Osaka.

Day 3 - Friday
Go by train from Osaka to Kyoto, check-in in hostel and full day visit Kyoto, night in Kyoto.

Day 4 - Saturday
Full day trip by train to Himeji, night in Kyoto.

Day 5 - Sunday
Full day trip by train to Nara, night in Kyoto.

Day 6 - Monday
Full day visit in Kyoto. Go by train from Kyoto to Osaka in the evening. Night in Osaka (somewhere near the main train station)

Day 7 - Tuesday
Half day visit in Osaka. Go by train from hostel to the airport.

So basicaly we will spend:
1 day in Nara
1 day in Himeji
1,5 days in Osaka (3 nights)
2 days in Kyoto (3 nights)

My questions:

1. I did my calculation and we will buy only 1 day JR Kansai area pass when we go to Himeji. Other than that, we will buy only single trip tickets or day bus passes in cities. Or should we consider to buy any other pass? It is pretty difficult for me to calculate a real cost but we will be staying near Uzumasa and Katabiranotsuji station so we will need to get to the hostel by train I suppose and we will pay single trip tickets every day at least twice.

2. How much should I expect to spend for travelling between those cities and inside of the cities in total? Will 10 000 JPY/per person/per whole trip enough including all bus/train tickets?

3. From Day 3 to Day 6 we are pretty flexible so we can change the schedule - meaning we can go to Himeji first, than do 2 days Kyoto and last day half day in Nara for example. But I have heard that we should avoid Kyoto during weekend so that is why I put Nara and Himeji on Saturday and Sunday. What would be your advice please? Considering the best timing for each city. Like closed atractions and crowds etc.

4. This will be our airbnb in Kyoto https://goo.gl/maps/f6R71sRbvFz. I know that staying nearby the main station would be the most convenient for commuting by train but we want to experience local neighbourhood with real japanese life and we are on a budget and this area is about 1500 JPY per person per night. Is this address, located about 15 mins by walking distance from Uzumasa station, good as a base spot in Kyoto for both visiting the city itself and doing daytrips to Nara and Himeji?

Any suggestion or answer will be more than welcome.

Thank you very much in advance your time and kind help.

Regards

A.
by Anthony (guest)  

reply to this thread