Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Sanyo San'in Area pass 2016/5/13 01:58
Hi,
I have a question regarding the 7 day JR Sanyo San'in Area pass, which costs about $175.

Within one week, I will have several trips: (1) Osaka to Himeji; (2) Himeji to Hiroshima; (3) Hiroshima to Fukuoka (Hakata); (4) Fukuoka to Kyoto; and (5) Kyoto to Fukuoka.

Would the JR Sanyo San'in Pass cover all these trips???

Without the pass, the total cost would seem to cost more based on hyperdia and Google.
by Walt (guest)  

Re: JR Sanyo San'in Area pass 2016/5/13 11:48
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Sanyo San'in Area pass 2016/5/13 12:10
Actually more a yes and no.

It will cover nearly all of your shinkansen travel except between Shin Osaka and Kyoto. From Shin-Osaka to Kyoto you'll have to switch to something else. It's really easy to switch to the Special Rapid at Shin-Osaka (It's one of the easiest stations to transfer in) which will only take around 10 minutes longer to reach Kyoto, and unless you want the South side/Toji side of Kyoto Station, the Special Rapid is a little more convenient.

The JR Sanyo San'in Pass is pretty neat because it lets you take Nozomi and Sakura shinkansen.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: JR Sanyo San'in Area pass 2016/5/13 12:11
Hi,
Any reason why you are going to Fukuoka then Kyoto and back again? Seems like a waste.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Sanyo San'in Area pass 2016/5/13 12:12
Oops I meant Nozomi and Mizuho.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread