Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama festival 2016 - accommodation 2016/5/13 20:52
I am posting a new question as the 2016 evening procession will fall on a sunday.

I have been many times to Japand and wanted to see the 2016 festival but on the evening of the 9th Takayama is fully booked (5 months in advance). Few hotels have rooms at crazy prices.

Besides Gero and Hida Furukawa as mentioned on the site do you have any other suitable options for accommodation? (accessible by train, bus)

Also, we will be travelling with friends who have small kids (1-3). Do you think the crowd will be too uncomfortable for them?

thank you very much in advance
by Patrick (guest)  

Re: Takayama festival 2016 - accommodation 2016/5/16 01:27
I have had this problem several times with festivals. My best answer is to book one day at a time, and keep going back daily to the reservation booking website on a daily basis.

I would be traveling as a single to the festival. I looked at Takayama for October 8th, 9th, and 10th, and I found the Takayama Washington Hotel was available on the 8th and 10th. If I were trying to go, I would book these two rooms, and continue to check every day for the 9th.

I have found that many reservations seemed to get canceled about two months beforehand. I am not sure why, but I would not give up on getting a reservation this far in advance.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama festival 2016 - accommodation 2016/5/16 01:58
Many thanks! I am just looking for a few rooms for the 9th! I'll keep looking on all the websites :)
by star78 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread