Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shopping in Tokyo 2016/5/20 09:13
Hi,

I was wondering what were the best stores to hit up in Japan for shopping at an affordable price, something similar to an H&M or Forever 21 in America?

Or any popular stores for makeup and stationary

Thanks!
by Risaroo  

Re: Shopping in Tokyo 2016/5/20 12:30
Both H&M and Forever 21 are in Japan, too! Go to their stores in Shibuya; they're both multi-level and huge.

Also in Shibuya are Zara, Shibuya 109 and a few other good clothing stores.
Other areas for shopping are the Omotesando in Harajuku (some stores more expensive - e.g. Ralph Lauren - so stick to the department stores), and the Ginza/Yurakucho area (flagship Uniqlo store - amazing - and Muji).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Tokyo 2016/5/20 14:47
popular stores for stationery
Ginza Itoya
Shibuya Tokyu Hands
Shibuya · LOFT
popular stores for makeup
Department store (well-paid brand line,such as Shiseido,Kanebo,Kose)
Drugstore (reasonable line) such as Matsumotokiyoshi and Kokokara Fine (Seijo), hack drag.
Reasonable imported plaza, American Pharmacy
Fancl was also pretty good.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Tokyo 2016/5/20 15:41
As Haro1210 noted, Itoya (in Ginza) is well worth a visit. It is the most amazing stationary store and you will find many unusual items that you will not find outside of Japan.

Shibuya branch of Tokyu Hands (and Loft too) is also highly suggested. Again, you will find very interesting items from household goods to cosmetics. One could easily spend a few hours here!

Have fun :)
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Tokyo 2016/5/21 05:28
Shibuya Center-gai shopping street has Forever 21, H&M(closer), Uniqlo(closer), Bershka(closer), some other domestic clothing shops(lots), Loft(for stationary goods), Tokyu-Hands(for stationary), and 100 Yen, 300 Yen shops.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Tokyo 2016/5/23 07:55
Everytime I travel to Tokyo, I would go to Uniqlo (Ginza), Gu (sister shop of Uniqlo at Ginza), Don Quijote(makeups and other stuff)
by earthgurl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Tokyo 2016/5/30 12:30
For the big brands I recommend Shibuya as the people before me and for the expensive shopping round Ginza and Omote-Sando is really interesting!

But just a short stop from Shibuya, you will find "Shimokitazawa" a small area with tons of different stores and cute cafes, mostly Japanese high school and university students go shopping there!

I hope this is helpful, and you have a wonderful time!
by Cathedina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Tokyo 2016/5/31 13:21
Touche - Shibuya
by Matt1969 rate this post as useful

Re: Shopping in Tokyo 2016/6/1 03:06
For make-up and cosmetics, try Ainz & Tulpe or @cosme. The @cosme and the Ainz & Tulpe are right across from each other in Shinjuku, near Flags (tower records). The @cosme is in Lumine EST.

(Do not confuse Lumine 1 and Lumine 2 with Lumine EST.)
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread