Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mikimoto Pearl Island 2016/5/24 23:20
Hi

I refer to the japan guide, need to pay fee 1,500 yen to mikimoto pearl island? Fee means entrance fee? What is the fee they are charging for? Mikimoto museum fee?

If I buy mikimoto pearl accessories from the Mikimoto mesuem, any tax refund? I have to pay the 1,500 yen enter to mikimoto mesuem then only can pearl their accessories?

Thanks!
by nicole liau  

Re: Mikimoto Pearl Island 2016/5/25 11:30
The fee is an entrance fee to the island, which includes the museum. Once you pay the entrance fee and enter the island, you can access everywhere, including the shop and the museum.

According to japantaxfree.info, Mikimoto Pearl Island is indeed tax free (don't forget your passport).

Mikimoto has other shops around the country, including in major cities like Tokyo and Osaka, so if your goal is just shopping for pearls, it may not be necessary for you to go all the way to the island. However I've heard that the shop there is superior to their antenna shops, so it might be worth it for you.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Mikimoto Pearl Island 2016/5/25 13:15
Thank you so much!
by nicole liau rate this post as useful

reply to this thread