Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Namba to Kyoto Station, Pass or Regular Fare? 2016/5/29 15:46
What is the most convenient and cheapest way to travel with big luggage. I'm planning to buy the Kansai Thru pass but I'm not sure if I will get the 3 day pass for our transfers or get the 2 day pass and just buy a regular ticket for our trip to kyoto via JR Special Rapid Train. Or should I avail of a different pass?

Itinerary
Day1: Kansai airport to Namba
Day 2-3: Osaka
Day4: Namba to Osaka Station
Day 5: Kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto to Kansai Airport

by chocoberry (guest)  

Re: Namba to Kyoto Station, Pass or Regular Fare? 2016/5/29 17:31
No pass, maybe a one-way Icoca & Haruka to get back to KIX from Kyoto.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Namba to Kyoto Station, Pass or Regular Fare? 2016/5/29 17:51
Agreed, no pass.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Namba to Kyoto Station, Pass or Regular Fare? 2016/5/29 23:03
For our 2 days in kyoto, is it better to take the bus all day pass or the kyoto sightseeing day pass?
We will be going to Inari shrine,Kiyomizudera, Nijo Castle, kinkakuji temple etc.
by chocoberry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Namba to Kyoto Station, Pass or Regular Fare? 2016/5/30 00:54
Personally, if it was me...

I'd travel by bus from KIX to OCAT since it's relatively fast, not overly expensive and they have areas beneath the bus for suitcases.

I don't think there is a cheaper or easier way to get from Namba to Kyoto outside of taking the subway from Namba to Shin-Osaka and catching the Special Rapid there. I would just recommend not doing this trip during rush hour because the special rapids get very crowded.

I guess you could possibly get a JR Kansai Area Pass for 1 day, since the pass is 2200 for 1 day but the Haruka from Kyoto to KIX is 3170 according to hyperdia.

Depending on what you plan to do in the various cities various city only passes might be good deals. I've definitely gotten my monies worth on the 500 yen Kyoto bus pass. An Osaka amazing pass might be worth it depending on how many of the activities that are free you plan to do in Osaka. You really need to figure out for yourself.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread