Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yen Travel Budget 2016/5/31 13:59
hi there,

Would 8000-10000 Yen a day be enough for food sightseeing and general day to day things, ill be traveling for 2 weeks to Tokyo in November 2016, and will be exploring only the Tokyo/Yokohama Area's.

Your advise will be appreciated.

Thanks.
by Frankie (guest)  

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/5/31 14:57
For one person, probably, but it depends on what you plan to do? Visit museums? Shop? Take lots of trains? Drink beer(need more for that then)?
You can eat cheaply if you're careful, but you may need Japanese at some of the little cheaper style restaurants.
by Matt1969 rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/5/31 14:59
by 8C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/5/31 15:08
Thanks Matt1969, I wont be splurging at all, im basically traveling on a budget, and will eat cheaply, I will visit museums, gardens and do some other things, try out random vending machines the usual everybody does, I think my money will mostly be for the trains/food and entry fees to places....accommodation is sorted already.

8C Thanks for the link I went through your link, I guess I should be okay with the budget I have planned.
by Frankie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/5/31 15:57
by 8C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/5/31 16:57
Thank you for the extra links 8C
I will go through them during my lunch time today.
Really appreciate it.

Unfortunately my budget can only afford Tokyo and close area's around Tokyo, maybe in future I can visit different parts of Japan

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/5/31 20:06
Assuming the accomodation has been paid and just travelling around Tokyo and Yokohama, the fees for food (eating cheaply), sites, transportation will all be added to just around 4,000 - 5,000 yen a day, so your daily budget is very much more than enough. Shopping is very dependant so I couldn't include it.

Anyway, I also agree with above poster, 2 weeks are quite too much for just Tokyo and Yokohama alone. If you do not wish to travel far away, you can consider Hakone, Kamakura, Nikko just to name some as they are very reachable from Tokyo.
by Indra (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/5/31 20:11
Thanks for your Advise Indra

I'll definitely think about maybe going to one of those area's.

And I'm happy to hear that my budget is way more than enough.
Accommodation will be paid already.
I think I'll probably shopping for souvenirs on my last day for family etc, depending on how much I have to spare.

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 13:19
Trip planning:
Hi there,
It totally depends on what you want to do in Tokyo. In my opinion average \8000 to \10000 would be enough to go around Tokyo area as long as you don't go to expensive dinner. But you might want to watch out the public transportation fee because it's not that cheap.

I find your reply and if you want go to the japanese gardens, I reccomend two gardens!
TOKYO
http://teien.tokyo-park.or.jp/en/index.html
ª
This website introduce japanese gardens in Tokyo. The my favorite garden is Rikugi-en.

And if you have time to take a day trip, Kamakura is the place to visit, there are famous gardens for the seasonal flower(hydrangea)
▶Meigetsu-in
▶ThurugaokaHachiman-gu
by shin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 13:34
Hey Shin,

Thank you for your advise I will most definitely be visiting gardens, ill check out the links you gave me.

With regards to food ill definitely be eating on the cheap..lol, I will most probably rely on 7eleven, but will now and then spoil myself with going to a restaurant that's not going to kill the budget.

Thanks again for the input:-)

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 15:49
I agree with the above posters. daily requirement will be between 4000-5000 yen.

500-1500 for buses/trains
1500-2500 for eating cheaply
500-1500 for entries/donations
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 16:11
Thank you Hakata14
Appreciated the input,makes me feel at ease knowing il be able to make it with my day to day budget and still be able to enjoy my trip.

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 16:15
i think if you have budgeted for 8000-10000, then you should be able to add day trips to kamakura, fuji 5 lakes and hakone.

visiting enoshima and kamakura is cheap in the scheme of things. the others will cost some more to get to. but a toyko wide pass for 10,000 should cover you.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 16:21
Awesome the info helps allot hakata14.
I didnt think a daily budget of 8000-10000 would allow extra travel for areas outside tokyo,but its good to know.

My first week i think will be full on Tokyo.
My second week i could explore more outside Tokyo.
Would like to do themeparks aswel,as japan are known for their themeparks.

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 16:54
Recent trip for 7D6N in Tokyo and visit day-trip to Nikko; Ashiraya flower park; Nasu flower world which outside Tokyo using Tokyo wide pass and the actual spend come to around 13+K yen/day. The pass is 10K yen for 3 days whereby u can visit the above places using Shinkansen etc. We eat at average restaurant and food is one of the big ticket.) Just the three morning the microwave version bento box is at 1300 yen/each when we board Shinkansen. Just for yor reference.
by ElbertPoh rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 16:57
Thanks ElbertPoh.
Will definitely keep that in mind.
Much appreciated for the info:-)

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 17:24
U mention "shopping for souvenirs on my last day for family etc, " my experience is when you saw something nice and love it just buy it first as when you come to last day you might not find anything interesting to buy and you cannot go back to where the lovely thing are ... particularly buying for love one.

Also when travel food is key to one's health as well. The B/F can be cheap at around 500 yen for a bow of rice AND a bow of noddle with some thin meat in it if you care to find it. (I eat at one of the road side store at near Shinagawa JR station last month for 520 yen for above.) It is very feeding.
by ElbertPoh rate this post as useful

Re: Yen Travel Budget 2016/6/1 17:30
Thanks Elbertpoh that makes total sense to buy things as i see them.

I was thinking more in terms of what i would have left over on my last day and take that money and go shopping,

But your suggestion is a good one.

reply to this thread