Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shimanto river activities? 2016/6/3 09:37
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knew much about seeing the best of the Shimanto river? Or any other river in Shikoku?

Any suggestions/info welcome. I'll be in Shikoku for a while, and would just like to see the river/s while I'm there.
by ausmomo  

Re: Shimanto river activities? 2016/6/4 02:07
We drove to a couple of those chinka-bashi gsunken bridgesh around Shimanto-gawa, nothing too spectacular but worth a look nevertheless.

http://www.city.shimanto.lg.jp/simanto/chinka.html

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Shimanto river activities? 2016/6/6 00:05
I spent a morning there two months ago, there is a scenic train which goes on weekends, Shiman Torokko Train with very nice views or the river. It is fully covered by JR Pass but all seats are reserved. On the same line you can see funny trains like a little fake Shinkansen.
by Pablo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shimanto river activities? 2016/6/6 00:10
PD If you take the full journey on Shiman Torocco with JR Pass there is a small non-JR section not covered by it, I think it was just \200 per way
by Pablo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shimanto river activities? 2016/6/6 08:36
It's popular to cycle along the river. There is a bike rental near the station. It's a nice area.
by Shimanto (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shimanto river activities? 2016/6/6 22:30
You can rent canoes, go rafting, take a riverboat, or go cycling around the river. There are quite a few options.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread