Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

November weather along the Alpine Route 2016/6/4 05:23
Hi,

What will the weather be like on the trans alpine route towards the end of November? Is it still worth doing or will I miss the best part?

Thanks
by Alex (guest)  

Re: November weather along the Alpine Route 2016/6/4 07:16
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: November weather along the Alpine Route 2016/6/4 09:25
I think this Forum is a wonderful help for travellers.

But apart from providing links to sources of information, we are also looking for tips from others who have been where we're going, and can give advice based on their experience. e.g. what was it like for you on the Alpine Route in November?
by JJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: November weather along the Alpine Route 2016/6/4 15:53
Thanks for the link. I have read it, but as JJ has said I'm looking for tips and experiences on what the trans alpine will be like in November. I can't find this info on any websites.

Is the transport reliable at the end of November, and is it worth travelling all this way to see?

Thanks
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: November weather along the Alpine Route 2016/6/4 19:50
my plans to take the Alpine Route in mid november a few years ago were thwarted due to an early snowfall, which caused all the buses to stop running.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: November weather along the Alpine Route 2016/6/5 10:04
This is a more relevant link:
http://www.alpen-route.com/en/about/seasonal.html
See at the end of the page that November comes with a relatively high risk of closure on the Toyama side.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread