Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary (Himeji) 2016/6/16 22:53
Hi.
I'll be in Japan this summer. I'm going to stay one week in Kyoto, including day trips. After that I'm going to spend one night in Hiroshima and then head to Nagoya, where I'll be staying two nights. I also want to see Miyajima.
What is the best way to do all that? Can I stop at Himeji in the early afternoon, after I went to Miyajima, and reach Nagoya in the evening? Or would it take to much time?
Thank you!

P.S.: How is the weather early to mid September?
by Elisa (guest)  

Re: Itinerary (Himeji) 2016/6/17 12:45
Shouldn't be an issue. Himeji only needs half a day. Note that if you want to see inside the castle, it's quite popular and tickets usually sell out by lunchtime (and there are long queues). But just viewing the castle from the outside, and visiting the garden next door, only takes a few hours.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary (Himeji) 2016/6/17 15:35
You need more time for Hiroshima/Miyajima.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary (Himeji) 2016/6/17 23:39
The weather tends to be rainy around that time.

Is your time in Hiroshima/Miyajima just one day or 2 days 1 night? If it's just one day, you wouldn't have time to include Himeji. If it's 2 days 1 night, you could stop in Himeji to see the castle on the way to Nagoya. It takes about 2 hours to see the castle and then you could be on your way.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary (Himeji) 2016/6/18 00:20
Thank you for answering.
I'll be staying in Hiroshima 2 days/1 night. I plan on leaving Kyoto in the morning, reach Hiroshima, the next day, after Miyajima, leave for Nagoya, with a stop at Himeji.
So I should be able to do that, right? Thank you for your help
by Elisa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary (Himeji) 2016/6/18 04:32
Himeji, Hiroshima and Miyajima are all half day attractions. Which is why your itinerary has made questions for others.

Miyajima can be a full day "if" you plan to walk to the mountain top.

I would probably to Himeji in the morning, then arrive at Hiroshima at lunch, then sightsee around city. Then next day to Miyajima, then onto Nagoya.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary (Himeji) 2016/6/18 13:03
You "could" also do Himeji as a day trip while you are based in Kyoto, and simply start off early so that you get there in the morning. I consider Hiroshima and Miyajima deserving plenty of time on their own :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary (Himeji) 2016/6/20 17:53
Thank you for your help. I think I'll do as hakata14 says, it works best for me, since I wanted another full day in Kyoto.
Thank you all for answering!
by Elisa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread