Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takkyubin drop off locations and questions 2016/6/18 00:45
Hi there,
I'm travelling to Japan in September and I am planning to use the takkyubin service. I can't seem to find the following information anywhere.

1) Where do you go to physically drop-off the baggage? Are they in most major convenient stores? If they are hard to find, then I would rather just take my luggage to the train stations.

2) I read online that it is a second day delivery policy. Is there a time frame where you have to drop off the luggage? For example, if the last pick up time is at 5pm?

Thanks in advance.
by Nancy He (guest)  

Re: Takkyubin drop off locations and questions 2016/6/18 13:29
You can send it from any location which displays the "black cat" logo. Personally, I prefer takkyubin centers.

Yes, there is a cutoff time, which depends on the drop-off location. At takkyubin centers it's usually 18:00 or 19:00. At combinis it's probably earlier.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Takkyubin drop off locations and questions 2016/6/19 10:50
But are they easy to find and locate and find? and is there anyway to find the locations ahead of time?

Thanks.
by Nancy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takkyubin drop off locations and questions 2016/6/19 11:49
http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/

kuro = black

neko = cat

yamato = Yamato Transport Co.

by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takkyubin drop off locations and questions 2016/6/20 01:43
Many takkyubin centers can be located by searching ƒ„ƒ}ƒg‰^—A in Google Maps (in fact it seems like typing it in romaji as "yamato unyu" also works). Sadly, it seems that Google Maps does not know about all of them (it doesn't know the one near my room).

For an exhaustive list, it seems you have to go through the official Yamato website, in Japanese only.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Takkyubin drop off locations and questions 2016/6/20 04:29
I found it on the japanese website. Thanks!
by Nancy He (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread