Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto 3day/Kanazawa 2day vs Kyoto 5day 2016/6/21 00:58
Hello,
I'm planning my first travel to Japan next august, but i'm confused on how much time should i spend on Kyoto. My trip planning :
1) August 7 (landing in Tokyo at 8.30am) - August 11 : visit Tokyo (3 days) with 1 daytrip to Disneysea 2)
August 16 - August 21 : back to Tokyo with 2 days trip (Nikko and Kamakura) and 3.5/4 days in Tokyo (my flight is at 10.45 p.m.)

I dont know how should i schedule the remaining days (11-16 august). I've two options :

a) 3days in Kyoto, 1.5day in Kanazawa
11-14 August : visit Kyoto 3 full days.
14-16 August : leave Kyoto to visit Nara and in the evening i should reach Kanazawa. I'll leave Kanazawa the 16th August (in the morning) in order to reach Tokyo around noon.

b) 5days in Kyoto
11 -16 August : visit Kyoto 5days with a day trip to Nara (or maybe could i add another daytrip to Himeji ?)

Which option do you prefer ?? Are 3 days enough to visit Kyoto ?? Is Kanazawa really worth to visit ? Should i drop 1 day in Tokyo in order to visit Kyoto (I'm a tokyo lover, i would like to spend as much as possible time in Tokyo..) ? Do you have other options/suggestion for my trip (including Tokyo)?
Thanks for your help :)
by ncaf08  

Re: Kyoto 3day/Kanazawa 2day vs Kyoto 5day 2016/6/21 09:02
Hi ncaf08

I would suggest if you love Tokyo, do not cut back on the days.

Kanazawa is only 2 hours away from Tokyo or Kanazawa so what I would suggest is:

Day 1 Kanazawa - I would suggest you either go Tokyo to Kanazawa, spend the day there and take an evening train to Kyoto
or
Kyoto to Kanazawa (send luggage ahead of you to your Tokyo hotel), spend the day there and take an evening train to Tokyo
Kanazawa is not big and a day trip should do it justice
Day 2 Kyoto
Day 3 Kyoto
Day 4 Himeji or Nara and in the evening go to Osaka
Day 5 Kyoto

I would highly suggest if you go to Kanazawa that you go to the Gold Museum and Ninjadera. Amazing

Three days is enough to see all the big sites in Kyoto and there will be much to see.

Enjoy your trip.
by Anne (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread