Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What omiyages to bring back from Hawaii? 2016/6/24 09:38
We will return to Japan at the end of summer vacation. If we buy chocolate, will it be so hot in Japan that it will melt? I have so many people to give, so I don't want to spend all that and have it melt on me. (By the way, is chocolate macadamia nuts a good gift to bring though? I see them sold in many stores here already, it's as if it's not anything unique anymore!!)

Also, in addition to small souvenirs like the chocolate, I would like to get something a little more special for a number of people that have been extra kind and helpful and am wondering what other ideas for gifts there are that Japanese people might like to receive? Or to avoid (like if they will think it gaudy and not want or use it)? Has anyone been to Hawaii and had to get some nice omiyages for special people back in Japan?
by menj (guest)  

Re: What omiyages to bring back from Hawaii? 2016/6/24 13:26
So far we have received (from friends who went to Hawaii from Japan): macadamia nuts chocolate, macadamia nuts in a can, towel, tea towel & pot-holder, etc. with Hawaii design on them, skin care products with special fragrance, Hawaiian coffee (not necessarily the expensive Kona, but flavored coffee too), etc., and liked them all :)
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What omiyages to bring back from Hawaii? 2016/6/24 13:29
Oh macadamia and other nuts with some fun flavors were good too :) Also some t-shirts too (though you need to know the size...)
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What omiyages to bring back from Hawaii? 2016/6/24 16:59
by HG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What omiyages to bring back from Hawaii? 2016/6/24 22:23
Honolulu Cookie are Japanese preferred taste.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: What omiyages to bring back from Hawaii? 2016/7/4 02:36
I don't necessarily know what someone from Japan would want but I live here in Hawaii, Oahu to be exact and can suggest some things that might be helpful in your endeavor.

If you're looking for sweets like the macadamia nut chocolates then I suggest you check outBig Island Candy, they have an assortment of cookies and other types of sweets as well, for instance, chocolate dipped Kona coffee flavored cookies are deliciously and a local favorite.

Also if you're on Oahu there is a little shop located in Pearl City called "Made in Hawaii" which has nice selection of tasty Hawaii themed omiyage.

Finally, it's currently mango season here. Be in the look out for freshly made mango products like mango bread, pickled mango, mango jellies, chutneys and so on.

I hope you have a wonderful time while your here!

Aloha,
Nik

by n1k rate this post as useful

reply to this thread