Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How early does the Fukuoka airport open? 2016/6/28 11:10
My son has an early morning 7:30am flight and we're trying to determine if he should go to the airport in the evening and sleep inside the terminal (can he even do that??). Or, is the airport open at 5:00am so he can check his luggage, go through customs and get to his gate on time?

I cannot find an email address for customer service at the FUK airport so I decided to post my question here. Thank you.
by Shereee (guest)  

Re: How early does the Fukuoka airport open? 2016/6/28 14:02
What is the matter with people thinking you have to arrive at the airport over 9000 hours early? The first subway arrives at the airport at 5:55; that's more than enough.

Oh, and by the way, there are no custom checks for outgoing flights.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: How early does the Fukuoka airport open? 2016/6/28 14:44
The airport will open in time for your son to check into his flight. Whenever check-in opens, the airport will be open. Relax!

Firas, stop attacking people for wanting to be at the airport when check-in opens. You do it every time there is a question like this and it's starting to get old.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How early does the Fukuoka airport open? 2016/6/28 14:48
@sg

I like your post very constructive and to the point unless others.
by ElbertPoh rate this post as useful

Re: How early does the Fukuoka airport open? 2016/6/28 16:12
I often fly out from FUK for Narita on JA at 7:20 or so in the morning. Most of the time I take a taxi at 6 AM or so from in front of the Chikushi exit (opposite end of the walkway down the middle from the Hakata Exit). Since there is no traffic at that time of day, it costs about Y1000 to the terminal; you just give the taxi driver the info on whether it's a domestic (kokunai) or international (kokusai) flight and what the airline name is. There has always been plenty of time to stand in line, get my check-in x-rayed, find a vinyl bag at a conbini for my shochu gifts, and go through security.

I have also taken the subway at about 6 AM for the airport with no problems. You sometimes just have to walk a ways from the airport subway exit to the terminal you need to get to, but it's all flat once you get up the escalator to road level and you can cut through the terminals if it's hot.

The Toyoko Inn Eki Minami has a free 6 AM shuttle that you sign up for the night before if you need to stay in Fukuoka just for the flight.

by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread