Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

13 Days 12 Nights in Japan Winter Tour 2016/7/2 01:57
Greetings,
We are couple and will travel to Japan.
- Arrive Narita Airport 25Jan2017 - 0730am
- Depart from Haneda Airport 06Feb2017 - 0850am

Would like to visit these places as listed below and also my current draft itinerary plan:
-4Nights x Tokyo
-1Night x Hakone
-1Night x Takayama
-Shirakawago (The 2017 Light Up Event still not announce, try to visit on day time to avoid the crowds)
-1Night x Kanazawa
-3Nights x Kyoto
-2Nights x Osaka
-Nagoya (Optional...if possible...)
-Nagono (Jigokudani Monkey Park - Optional...if possible...)

1)Is it possible to travel these places and how do I plan with 7 days instead of 14 days JRPass?
2)Which part should I stay more nights?
3)Is it possible to rent and out wear kimono during winter time in Kyoto?
Your ideas and helpful suggestion may make my first Japan trip, wedding anniversary trip more success and wonderful.

Thanks & Regards,
Jas
by Jas (guest)  

Re: 13 Days 12 Nights in Japan Winter Tour 2016/8/24 03:21
Hi jas,

I think maybe you can visit other city first before visiting tokyo once you touch down. Activate your JR Pass to travel out of tokyo, its more worth it. Because in tokyo, there's also different line than JR so you have to buy other ticket for the train to travel around tokyo. Do you have any plan to visit disneyland/disneysea? If you have , it will take one whole day. For me , 2 full days(without disneyland/sea) are enough to cover main attraction. So tokyo will be your last stop

I never been to kanazawa, but personally i think according to my experience travelling to japan maybe you can focus for shirakawago then osaka, kyoto, hiroshima, kobe.

by Aifa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 13 Days 12 Nights in Japan Winter Tour 2016/8/24 10:35
A few small adjustments but looks pretty sensible list of places. As you are visiting Tokyo, Osaka might be done as a side trip from Kyoto or you could visit Hiroshima. Or re-shuffle the order to go from Kyoto to Nagano (via Matsumoto) cover the monkeys at Nagano before returning to Tokyo for your flight out.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread