Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko free pass for only one day? 2016/7/3 19:10
Hi

I will be traveling from Tokyo to Nikko on 15. July 2016 and want to go hiking from Ryuzunotaki Bus Stop (number 35) to the onsen at Yunonoko lake (I guess, that would be Bus Stop 40).
I am only going for one day: Getting there early in the morning and leaving when the sun sets.
The two bus stops I would need don't seem to be included in the two day Nikko free pass, so I would have to buy the big one for about 4500 yen - seems like a lot of money to me for Tokyo to Nikko to Bus Stop 35 and back. Is it a good idea to get this free pass anyway, or should I pay for train and bus seperatly? My google-fu seems weak today and I can't seem to find fares for the rides I'd need.
(As much as I would like to see one of the tempels: I'm not sure I can stuff that in in my seven hour stay at Nikko. )
by Mahunreah  

Re: Nikko free pass for only one day? 2016/7/4 15:51
If you are doing hiking, I recommend taking the bus all the way up to Yunoko then coming down to Ryuzu Waterfall.

I belive the bus from Nikko station to Yumoto Onsen (Yunoko) is 1,650 yen one way, and if you take it from Ryuzu Waterfall to Nikko on the way back it's 1,350 yen. So that's already 3,000 out of the pass.

Tobu rapid trains from Asakusa to Nikko is 1,360 yen one way...
by ...... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko free pass for only one day? 2016/7/5 17:51
Thank you very much for doing the math ;) I will get one of those tickets.
I hadn't thought about the trail going up all the time, thank you =D I will start an the village and travel downward, sounds like a way better idea :)
by Mahunreah rate this post as useful

reply to this thread