Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

16 Days in Kansai 2016/7/15 13:59
Hi, Im planning on a 16 Days 15 Nights trip to Osaka in March 2017 and is confused with the many subway and trains. Below is my planned route, please advise if the route is worth and fully covered by the purchased pass, and any other places I can go to fully utilize the pass:

Day 1: KIX-Kanazawa
Day 2: Shirakawago-Takayama-Nagoya
Day 3: Nagoya-Toyama-Kanazawa
Day 4: Kanazawa-Osaka (stopover Osaka to meet a friend before going to Kyoto)
Day 5: Osaka-Kyoto
(using Takayama-Hokuriku 5 Days Pass)

Day 6: Arashimaya-Gion
Day 7: Sayano-Kibune-Ryoanji
(using Kyoto Sightseeing Card 2 Days)

Day 8: Return to Osaka
Day 9: Nara-Wakayama
Day 10: USJ
Day 11: Kobe-Himeji
(using JR West Kansai Pass 4 Days)

Day 12-16 Osaka, might be using the Weekend and Weekday 1 Day Pass (any suggestion on using other pass to move around Osaka city center?)

by lynne (guest)  

Re: 16 Days in Kansai 2016/7/15 17:22
For Kyoto, the card covers subway and buses. Kibune is by rail. It may be intra-city rail but is rail nonetheless.

Osaka should be fine too.

No problems with Takayama.

Whether they are worth the buck. I didn't check that.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 16 Days in Kansai 2016/7/15 19:55
Dear jh,

Thank you for your reply. The Kyoto 2 Days Pass is not so recommendable ? Should I just probably buy the 1 Day Bus Pass and take the other rails by Icoca card?
by lynne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 16 Days in Kansai 2016/7/16 08:29
Any reason for going to Nagoya on this itenerary. I'd stay in Takayama instead of Nagoya and save 2.5 hours travel each way. So you'll actually have time to sightsee. That whole schedule is rushed.

Also, Sayano? Do you mean Sagano Railway? IF so, google the locations of your Kyoto itinerary, you are criss-crossing all across Kyoto. Extra travel = time lost.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: 16 Days in Kansai 2016/7/16 15:54
Dear hakata14,

I actually changed my mind after doing more research. I will spend the night at Takayama and will not be going to Nagoya (due to the long hours traveling there).

For Kyoto, thank you for your reminder, I had reschedule to spending 3 days in Kyoto instead of 2 days. One day to Arashiyama, the 2nd day to ryoanji, kinkakuji and gion, 3rd day will be exploring Kyoto town (nishiki market etc).

As for Osaka, do you recommend staying in which area? Im currently looking at Namba or Umeda area. As far I know:
Namba - convenient access to Kansai airport, near to food
Umeda - convenient location if im making side trips to Kobe, Nara

by lynne (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread