Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places to stay Mount Kurama 2016/7/19 05:27
I will be visiting Mount Kurama october 17, 18, 19 this year and would like to stay as close as possible to the hot springs and temple. The Kurama Spa - Yada no Yado - lodge is fully booked. Can you recommend somewhere nearby to stay? For a single adult, no children. I'll be on a pilgrimage, so would like somewhere peaceful and Japanese style if possible. Thank you!
by zoe martlew (guest)  

Re: Places to stay Mount Kurama 2016/7/19 10:13
You'll find since the Fire Festival is on the 22nd, most accommodation close by will be booked out both before and after the 22nd.

Kurama has great public transport access which is quick. Don't worry about being close if you cannot find smoething.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Places to stay Mount Kurama 2016/7/19 11:57
Why not just stay in Kibune?
Or somewhere else along the tram line? There is a university not too far away so I am guessing there are some accommodations too.

Mt Kurama itself is a mountain and has a multitude of temples but not hotels. Perhaps you can email the temple and ask whether they accept staying guests? You are there as a pilgrim anyway.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to stay Mount Kurama 2016/7/19 13:19
I am afraid there should be very little accommodations around the area, except for the Kurama onsen. I am not sure whether this will fit your taste, but Hyakumanben Guest house near Demachiyanagi station receives good reputation. It is new, and has some sort of Japanese feel.

http://www.gh100manben.jp

There are some vacancy in the dormitory rooms. The site is in Japanese, but you can understand it because there are some English explanations.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Places to stay Mount Kurama 2016/7/19 13:21
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread