Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Access to 8 hells in Beppu 2016/7/25 12:27
Hi!

I would like to know, is it possible to access to 8 hells by walk from Kamegawa station? Because I saw that the Kamegawa station is nearer to the hells than Beppu station.
Or is it easier to access there from Beppu station?

Thank you so much in advance.

by hikari_z (guest)  

Re: Access to 8 hells in Beppu 2016/7/25 16:56
Some are closer to Kamegawa, some are closer to Beppudaigaku. I'd estimate it to be around a 4km walk if you did all the hells.

The bus is a better option.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Access to 8 hells in Beppu 2016/7/25 17:01
Thank you so much @hakata14
by hikari_z (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to 8 hells in Beppu 2016/7/26 03:34
Three of them are next door to each other, and 3 more are a few minutes walk from them. The other 2, the Tatsumaki-Jigoku (Geyser Hell) and Chinoike-Jigoku (Blood Pond Hell) are together but about a 2½ km walk away. Doable but a bus would be much quicker.

The Geyser Hell blows every 30-45 minutes or so, so when you get there, check to see when the next eruption is and if you just missed it, go and see the Blood Pond Hell first to save time. You can see a preview of all of them at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NNi8MLcXM
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to 8 hells in Beppu 2016/7/28 13:26
Thanks for your information @Ken
by hika (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to 8 hells in Beppu 2016/7/28 13:52
There are bus tour which is the most effective way to tour the hell and is not expensive.
by ElbertPoh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to 8 hells in Beppu 2016/7/28 16:15
Thanks @ElbertPoh
by hikari_z (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Access to 8 hells in Beppu 2016/7/28 17:06
My experience was that once you'd seen the 6 which are close together, that was really enough, and we had no desire to see the other two.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Access to 8 hells in Beppu 2016/7/28 17:33
Yes 6 will do and have a good seafood lunch self cook around the area would be fantastic. Relax is key for a vacation.
by ElbertPoh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread