Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to make the most of my time in Japan 2016/7/30 14:43
Hi All,

I will heading to Japan in September for the first time and was hoping to get some thoughts on a possible itinerary I have planned. My main concern is that I will be doing to much traveling on transport and may not get the maximum time in the wonderful looking spots as I should be.

Day 1 - Arrive Tokyo
Day 2 - Tokyo
Day 3 - Tokyo
Day 4 - Travel to Fuji Q region for sightseeing (Transport via Hakone Pass)
Day 5 - Spend day at Fuji Q then travel to Hakone in early Evening
Day 6 - Spend day in Hakone (Use Hakone Pass)
Day 7 - Travel to Kyoto (JP Rail Pass)
Day 8 - Day in Kyoto
Day 9 - Day in Kyoto
Day 10 - Travel to Kanazawa (JP Rail Pass)
Day 11 - Day in Kanazawa
Day 12 - Travel to Takayama (JP Rail Pass)
Day 13 - Day in Takayama/Kamikochi
Day 14 - Travel to Tokyo (JP Rail Pass)
Day 15 - Head home.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations I would really love to hear it. The one section of my trip where I may cut is Kanazawa, what are peoples thoughts on this place, is it worth a visit?

Also, if anyone spots any flaws with my JP Rail Pass / Hakone Pass it would be great if you could let me know. After looking online it seems beneficial for me to buy both these passes for my trip?

Thanks in advance.

by Hamish1982  

Re: How to make the most of my time in Japan 2016/7/30 20:28
I see you'll be using the JRP on the 7th. That makes your last day of the pass the 13th, not the 14th. It's based on calendar days and not the 24hr clock.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: How to make the most of my time in Japan 2016/7/30 20:33
Kanazawa is beautiful, and I highly recommend it. But as the first poster says, you've miscalculated your dates for the JRP, so you'll need to do some rearranging of your itinerary.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to make the most of my time in Japan 2016/7/31 04:34
To be honest, after Kyoto and Kanazawa, Takayama is pretty missable. You could cut that.
by Hmm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to make the most of my time in Japan 2016/7/31 08:42
Instead of Takayama, have you considered Shirakawa-go? A beautiful village for a short visit.
by Ausfam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to make the most of my time in Japan 2016/7/31 08:53
He'a already started another thread.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread