Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lake Toya or Sounkyo or any place 2016/7/30 19:54
Hello Nice to meet you all

I would like to hear from you about advice of itinerary for my Hokkaido trip during early Feb 2017. I have a few days left and I decide to take day/overnight trip outside Sapporo
(I have plan for Otaru and Asahikawa already)

Now Im considering :
1. Lake Toya - Really want to go but all hotel has been booked sadly :(
2. Sounkyo and Kurodake ropeway - might also ice festival
3. Jozankei
4. Any place you recommend

Condition :
1. Im budget solo traveler so I can use only public transportation
2. I like to take landscape photo - so I think place with beautiful nature scenery are more interesting than crowded city area

I really appreciate all advice - Thank you in advance :)
by Tete Niyo  

Re: Lake Toya or Sounkyo or any place 2016/7/31 08:43
If you want to take in a seasonal event Sounkyo is a good choice for its annual Ice Fall Festival, but to fully enjoy it with its evening firework it is best to spend a night in town. The only concern is that you may encounter difficulty finding accommodation for a solo traveler.
BTW, doubtful if all hotels are already booked up in Toya-ko for next Feb! One possibility is that they are not yet available for booking at this early date.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Toya or Sounkyo or any place 2016/7/31 10:29
Thank you William5 for your kind and quick response
Im not sure for hotel in Lake Toya since I had looked into many web like a**** or b****** but what is left is only quite high ryokan.
(They said other hotel are booked like week ago)

Lake Toya is my top interesting but if I cant find place to sleep, I might change to other place like Sounkyo or Daizetsusan. I also interested in Noboribetsu but Im quite not onsen type guy. So Im not sure its suited in my plan or not

Really thank you for your comment :)
by Tete Niyo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread