Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gotemba trail length? Time and distance 2016/8/5 05:35
What is the length (km) of the Gotemba trail from the 5th station to summit? The main article says 7-10 hours, is it possible for someone in good condition to make it quicker? Thinking of making it up and back in one day, not really interested to see the sunrise. So real issue is bus supposedly arrives about 0815 and last bus leaves at 1805. Can I make it? Gotemba is the least popular, according to this site, what would be the next least popular/crowded? Any other suggested routes for a one day trip? Will be doing this last week of August.
Domo
by TRA (guest)  

Re: Gotemba trail length? Time and distance 2016/8/6 10:23
Impossible!

by mz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gotemba trail length? Time and distance 2016/8/8 20:20
You can do it if you are in shape.
I did the ascent in 2h53'15'' (10km and 2350m of climb) and the descent in 59'40'' (9km [shorter than the ascent due to a more direct descending route]). The climb on this route is harder than on a "usual" mountain because the terrain is quite sandy. But on the other hand, the sand makes running downhill easier.

I did it outside the main season, therefore I didn't have any waiting time due to overcrowded trails.
by swiss mountain-runner (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread