Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tattoos at Kamakura Beach or Enoshima Beach 2016/8/5 22:52
Hello i looked through the forum and didnt really find a answer to my exact question,but since i will visit Tokyo this month i want to be 100% sure before i visit any of the beaches in Japan.i know that there are many beaches in Japan where Tattoos arent allowed,but i read in another forum on another page,that at Kamakura or Enoshima Shonan Beach tattoos are really common and no problem,is there maybe anyone who can confirm this?or can tell me which beaches in the Kamakura,Enoshima Area allow Tattoos?
Greetings :)
by wolferin87  

Re: Tattoos at Kamakura Beach or Enoshima Beach 2016/8/6 15:14
You shouldn't have an issue.

Closer to the Navy base to the east, tattoos on Zushi beach were banned by the own leader.

If you are really worried though, wear a t-shirt or rash-vest.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos at Kamakura Beach or Enoshima Beach 2016/8/8 17:43
Actually, the city of Kamakura does have a rule stating that you should "cover" your tattoos. This is from the official website of the city. Please scroll down to the middle of the page.
https://www.city.kamakura.kanagawa.jp/kamakura-kankou/0600beach.html

I remember reading that the rule is "cover tattoos that may scare children" so as long as you wear a T-shirt over, that's fine.

But generally speaking, people seem to tolerated as long as they're behaving like adults and not annoying others but just making everybody feel relaxed and happy.

Please remember that it's up to the users to gain trust.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos at Kamakura Beach or Enoshima Beach 2016/8/9 22:15
Ok,thanks a lot for the replies :)
by wolferin87 rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos at Kamakura Beach or Enoshima Beach 2016/8/13 10:09
Hi there! I went to the beach at Hase this week, which is between Enoshima and Kamakura, and had no problem with my (non-Japanese style) tattoo. There was an announcement about covering up tattoos, so I made sure I was quite discrete, though didn't wear a t-shirt since I was on the fringe of the main beach, where it wasn't so crowded. I think the rule is aimed at keeping away irezumi-clad yakuza rather than foreign tourists so I think if you're discrete, you'll be ok. Hope that helps!
by Mikku (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos at Kamakura Beach or Enoshima Beach 2016/8/13 12:53
Actually, I think these new rules were established to mainly shut out the annoying (non-yakuza, Japanese) youth who have been making a lot of loud noise and drunk-driving and so on.

For example, last summer I made my regular visit to Isshiki Beach, where friendly policemen always guard the Imperial Villa there, and well-mannered adults were relaxing with big tattoos on their bodies. Unfortunately at the time, a horrible car accident was caused there by kids who seemed to have been blocked out from another beach.

Some friends of mine enjoyed alcohol (which is also prohibited, to be precise) at Zushi beach this summer, so as long as you use your common sense it seems to be fine.

http://smart-beach-project.com/manner/
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos at Kamakura Beach or Enoshima Beach 2016/9/2 14:10
So I went to Enoshima shonan beach and tattoos were absolutely no problem there :) I was even honestly surprised how many Japanese with tattoos are chilling at the beach there ^^
So if you're tattooed and want to go to a beach not so far from tokyo I can really recommend the beach there :)
by wolferin87 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread