Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 14:33
I am travelling to Japan by early next year i.e. January and would be staying there for 6 days.

From flight tickets to return everything will be covered in this 1,00,000 YEN budget.

best regards
by hemang (guest)  

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 17:41
Are you staying at some hotel? Which are of Japan?
If you need to pay for hotel, 100000yen wouldn't be enough.
I cannot do that with only 100000yen.
by Nnn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 17:54
Return flights from where? Pretty difficult to answer without proper details given.

You'll need about 11,000 yen per day for cheap business hotel, cheap food, transport and low cost entries.

Probably more like 15,000 yen per day if you don't wanna cheap out on every little detail.

by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 18:03
Sorry for not sharing clear information...here are the information

1] Travelling from India to Osaka
2] Want to stay 5 night and 6 days
3] Budget is 1,00,000YEN
4] Don't need fancy hotel or anything, something which is decent.
5] Not picky on food, so street vendors would do for food and can treat myself for some good dinner during this 6 days.
6] Any options to rent a bicycle or is it best to travel by public transport?

best regards
by hemang (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 18:07
Sorry, you have the number written wrong. Is it 1,000,000 yen (one million yen) or is it 100,000 yen (one hundred thousand yen)??
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 18:08
Its one hundred thousand yen 100,000

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 18:16
Then that is impossible. Of course I have no way to know exactly how much your flight from India to Osaka costs, but that cannot be less than 60,000 yen. But first check for flight fares and availability first. This will take up most of your budget.

Then you have 5 nights of accommodation, and 6 days of food and travel. As hataka14 mentioned, you'd want to budget 11,000 yen at least per day, IF you can find inexpensive accommodation for the dates you are traveling.

I mean, "no frills" business hotels would cost something like a least 5,500 to 6,500 yen per person per night, and you can eat convenience store food, but if you want to travel around a bit and see attractions, you'll easily use up your budget.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 18:16
Well you go online and find out how much airfares are. Then take that number away from your 100,000 yen. Then re ask the question.

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 18:20
Thanks for the details..my actual budget now is

150,000 = Total budget
33,000YEN = air ticket (return)

Balance: 117,000

best regards

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/16 18:46
117,000 yen over 6 days is 19500 yen per day. plenty compared to the 11,000 to 15,000 daily amount i suggested earlier.

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/17 06:30
I could probably swing it easily; for one person, example costs:

4k-6k yen per night (cheap minshuku in Tokyo area; for example sansuiso, kimi, some others; sometimes quite cheap prices at e.g. booking.com if you are lucky).

Food: ~3k yen per day (given lunch sets around 1k yen + some stuff in the morning + evening; more if you want to eat out in some nice place obviously).

Rest: Left for transport/sightseeing spots.

However, if you want to travel much between cities then it becomes more problematic; for example JR Rail Pass would cost quite significant chunk of your budget.
by damezumari rate this post as useful

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/17 10:45
Hey what happened to all the low-budget travellers that usually chime in? I guess I'll have to take on their role for now.

100,000 yen for a 6 day trip is doable if your air ticket price is 33,000 yen as you mentioned, BUT it is a very low budget and you will have to be very disciplined on how you spend your money. Low budget travel can be done in Japan for around 5000 yen per day, but that kind of trip will also be very restrictive as you there are only a few ultra low budget accommodation types and food selection becomes limited. It would also be best to limit your visit to one city/district and avoid attractions that have entrance fees.

I usually recommend trying to reach a medium range budget of 10,000 yen per person per day. At that level you can enjoy your travels without really having to restrict yourself at all. Your second budget easily falls into this range.

See this page for more info on budget travel in Japan:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2028.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/17 13:00
When I travelled Osaka together with my 2 colleagues last summer, we originally booked for 5-day, 4-night travel but our LCC that time adjusted their schedule and gave us an extra day that resulted in 6-day, 5-night stay in Japan.

I only had JPY 90,000 as budget excluding airfare. (My colleagues all had JPY 70,000 as their pocket money.) So excluding airfare, I had more than JPY 30,000 left in my pocket plus coins provided that our only accommodation location was in Osaka.

If you consider JPY 100,000 as your pocket money inside Japan, then plan your itinerary aside Osaka and your accommodation.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/17 21:03
With 100,000jpy for 7 days you could even get a 7 day JR pass and still have about 10,000 jpy per day to spend. This is easily enough to get around and see the sites and stay in low cost accommodations. You could even save some money sleeping on the sunrise seto and izumo for free if there is availability. Also you can use the JR pass to bank on the night life of various cities. Just party all night and hitch on the fist train in the morning for a few hours and sleep then. The bullet trains are nice and you will have no problem falling asleep. When you wake up you can be on the other end of the country.
by zeroibis rate this post as useful

Re: Can I travel to japan with 1,00,000 yen? 2016/8/17 22:10
We are going to Japan on March 2017 (Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Kobe, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Tokyo). We are going to spend about 2.500 Yens per night . The price is usually high for the weekend, but we found a Hostel at Kyoto that doesn't overprice during the weekend.

In Osaka there is a 3.000 or 2.300 yens pass that allows you to use all the public transport of the city (not JR), and visit MANY attractions for free (including some short cruises), plus some other attractions with a small discount (for us these discounts doesn't worth it). The pass name is Osaka Amazing Pass. If you choose the 2-day pass (3.000 yens), you can't use all the transport of the city (but more than enough, maybe sometimes you will need 10 more minutes of subway, but not more), while the 1-day pass (2.300) has some more options for the transport (for instance, it includes the transport from the airport to Osaka (but please, double check this if you are going to but the 1-day pass, I could be wrong!!!!), which costs 920 Yens).

After comparing prices, we decided to get the 2-day pass and to pay the 920 Yens from the airport to Osaka. That would be 3920 Yens, for 2 days, with free entry to the best attraction of the city (except for the aquarium, which is a bit expensive). We are staying at a hostel (2.500 Yens per person, named Hostel Zoo), but there is an option for 1.100 Yens per person (hotel Diamond). Both of them are located near each other and near the train/subway.

So, in our case, is 920 (airport-city train) + 2.500 x 2 nights + 3.000 2-day city pass = almost 9.000 Yens (4.500 per day) staying at a decent hostel (to be honest we are staying 4 nights because we are going to the Universal Studio Japan, so the second day in Osaka we don't have to take a train, that will leave us more time to visit more attractions. The 4th day we are going to wake up early to visit Nara, and we will sleep at Kyoto).
Also you have to add the food, but if the 1.100 yens per night hotel is ok for you, that would be a bit less than 3.100 Yens per day + food. Also, you can decide to but only the 1-day pass and stay only 1 day here (1.100+2.300+food), but I think that you will enjoy more this city for 2 days.

In Tokyo (near Asakusa Station), like 3-4 years ago we found a 24H supermarket called Rox, where you could find a lot of lunch boxes for less than 400 Yens, and at night, many of them with a discount (I bought a HUGE box of sushi for a ridiculous amount of Yens... I remember that I needed to have a 2 hours break to finish the food. I can't remember the price, but it was for sure a bargain). I don't know any place like this in Osaka since I have never been there, but I doubt that you can't find something similar if you ask at the hotel or google it for a while.

I can't provide feedback for the hostel/hotel that I mencioned, but at some website the Hostel Zoo looks fine, while the Diamond looks a bit dirty for my standards, but if the money is a problem, I think Diamond is the best option (compare opinions and try to find other options, there could be better places to sleep in Osaka).

I hope my English was ok, feel free to ask me anything ^^
by Murmullos rate this post as useful

reply to this thread