Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 Weeks Itinerary 2016/8/18 21:33
Dear All,

Me and 2 other mates are going to Japan for 2 whole weeks next October/November and I would like to share my Itinerary with you. Please share your thoughts thanks :)

3 Nights - Tokyo (Day trip to Yokohama)
2 Nights - Fujisawa (Trips to Enoshima & Kamakura)
2 Nights - Matsumoto (Whole day through Kamikochi)
2 Nights - Kyoto
2 Nights - Osaka
2 Nights - Kanazawa (Final Day train back to Tokyo & Flight)

What do you think please?

Thanks
by DajGat86 (guest)  

Re: 2 Weeks Itinerary 2016/8/19 14:15
I would say 2 nights in Matsumoto is too long.
I would also say that 2 nights in Osaka is too long.

I would lastly say 2 nights in Kyoto is too short.

You do not need to stay in Kyoto and Osaka. You could just choose one and stay there. They aren't too far apart and Osaka is more known for night activities whereas most of Kyoto attractions are only open in the day.

A 7 day JR Pass for Tokyo to Matsumoto to Osaka to Kyoto to Kanazawa, and back to Tokyo would be worth your money.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 Weeks Itinerary 2016/8/19 21:23
In terms of travel costs, think about staying in shinjuku in Tokyo. There is a pass that you can get for a day trip to Kamakura and Endoshima.

In addition, think about going to Takayama instead of Matsumoto. You can do the day trip to Kamikochi from here. It will take less time to get to Kyoto from here.

You have nine days of distance travel, once you leave Tokyo. I would consider taking aNohi highway bus to Takayama on the first day of distance travel. If you still want to go to Matsuyama for you first day, just pay for the ticket. The day trip to Kamikochi on the second day is by bus too.

You would then activate a 7 day JR pass for the remainder of the trip.

I also agree with staying at one location for Osaka and Kyoto. In terms of ease of transportation and cost, I would probably stay near Shin-Osaka station.

Good luck, in planning your vacation.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: 2 Weeks Itinerary 2016/8/20 00:10
Hi Again,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes you are right about Matsumoto I have checked and Takayama seems way more interesting.

About Osaka mainly we will be there during Halloween (wknd) so we are considering some costume nightlife :)

Thanks Again
by DajGat86 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread