Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Okinawa/Ishigaki 2016/8/21 20:49
Hi,

ILm thinking about going to Okinawa, I think Ishigaki, in early October. As far as I know Ishigaki is a part of the Okinawa prefektur!?
Would you recommend going there this time of the year? How is the weather? Is it beach weather? Rainy and/or windy?

Br
//Johan
by Johan (guest)  

Re: Okinawa/Ishigaki 2016/8/21 20:54
Would you recommend going there this time of the year?

yes, it is one of the best times to go. Still hot enough for the beach. Not as crowded as the summer holidays. And the weather generally not bad. The risk of typhoons is a little lower than during summer.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Okinawa/Ishigaki 2016/8/21 21:13
Thanks Uji!

ILve been to Japan three times before, but never to Okinawa.
How many days is enough for Ishigaki? I would like to chill on the beach but also explore?

Is it easy to travel around the island?

ILm a vegetarian, will it be hard to find food? Is everything with fish?

Br
by Johan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Okinawa/Ishigaki 2016/9/11 15:23
I spent some time there last year in October, and it's great! Weather is mild but still warm, not as crowded as peak season is over.

Definitely rent a car (I went with OTC, they were recommended to me) and explore that way. I haven't been to Ishigaki so I can't comment on that, but I spent some time driving around the main island, mostly north of Naha city, and it was amazing!

Have fun!
by dattmesousa rate this post as useful

Re: Okinawa/Ishigaki 2016/9/11 17:28

Visited both places mid Oct 2013. The weather was nice, unfortunately had to cut the visit short due to typhoon.
Expect the unexpected!
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread