Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stay at Hakone-Yumoto or Sengokuhara? 2016/8/24 14:28
Hi, I'm planning a 2 night stay in Hakone this Nov but can't decide which is more convenient and more accessible to stay at - Hakone-Yumoto or Sengokuhara? We'll be travelling to Hakone directly from Narita airport (arrival 7.30am) with our luggage, so staying at Gora is likely out of the question.

After 2N in Hakone, we are staying another 2N at Lake Kawaguchiko with our luggage again. Would we be able to carry on our luggage onto the Hakone Tozan/Odakyu Hakone Highway/Fujikyu Bus towards Kawaguchiko?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
by Regineteo  

Re: Stay at Hakone-Yumoto or Sengokuhara? 2016/8/24 18:20
Gora uses the same transport options as Hakone-Yumoto. So I wouldn't discount Gora due to transport from Narita. Gora and Hakone-Yumoto aren't that far apart.

Suggest looking at a map. Sengokuhara is further from Narita than Gora.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay at Hakone-Yumoto or Sengokuhara? 2016/8/25 04:32
There are buses that connect Sengokuhara and Hakone-Yumoto, about 25 minute ride. It's a tourist bus, so luggage are no issue.

From Narita, there are limited number of express buses that take you directly to Sengokuhara, so if you don't mind staying at Sengokuhara first, then it may be more convenient. Otherwise, from Narita to Hakone-Yumoto, you will need to make at least one transfer.

Another factor to consider is where you plan to go after Sengokuhara/Hakone-Yumoto. Generally speaking, Hakone-Yumoto is more convenient for access to transportation.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stay at Hakone-Yumoto or Sengokuhara? 2016/8/25 05:04
My bad - please disregard my post above regarding transportation from Narita. I mixed up Haneda and Narira informations.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread