Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima to Izumoshi via San'in Line 2016/8/25 05:43
The time it takes to go from Hiroshima to Izumoshi is about the same if you were to take:
1) Shinkansen to Okayama and then Tokkyu Yakumo to Izumoshi or
2) Shinkansen to Shin-Yamaguchi and then Tokkyu Super Oki to Izumoshi.

My question is: has anyone taken the "back side" route (2) through Masuda and the SOJ coast? I see from the maps that the line has quite a bit of coastal rail and I wonder if the views are worth it. Has anyone taken the San'in Line west of Izumoshi?
by John B digs Japan  

Re: Hiroshima to Izumoshi via San'in Line 2016/9/29 02:27
Has anyone taken the SOJ side of Chugoku by rail?
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima to Izumoshi via San'in Line 2016/9/29 07:44
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima to Izumoshi via San'in Line 2016/9/29 09:36
We took the San in line from Yonago to Shin-Yamaguchi during Golden Week, 2016. The scenery was gorgeous and at times the water felt an arms-length away.
There were many, many stops but those small stations and seeing locals greeting their families as they arrived or departed was very interesting to us.
Outbound took Okayama to Matsue definitely not as picturesque.
by Kari (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima to Izumoshi via San'in Line 2016/9/29 11:35
Thank you for your responses. I think I'm going to go that route. I have already done the Hiroshima-Okayama-Matsue route. By going on a limited express, I may not have to stop at so many stations.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread