Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/25 07:50
On the 5th of September I'll be leaving Tokyo for Aomori where I'll spend two nights then 2 nights in Hirosaki. I heard somewhere that Aomori has no 7-11 so it can be tricky to get cash. My Ryokan in Hirosaki only accepts cash.

I actually plan to be in the north for much longer, I just thought I'd poke about a bit before deciding where I wanted to spend the rest of the month. Thinking also of lake Towadako, and Asahikawa (is that a nice town to just relax? I don't care about tourist activities, I just want to go somewhere where the weather isnt too hot in September with nice trees. Aomori occurred to me because its by the sea.)

How much cash can I take out at a time or per day from a 7-11 atm in tokyo?

Any help much appreciated.
by SeattleMick (guest)  

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/25 11:48
During my travels through Japan, I have always relied on post office ATMs to get cash, since even the smallest towns usually have a post office. Be aware, though, that post office ATMs seem not to be accepting Maestro cards with IC chips at present (see link).

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2208.html
by Walkingfool rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/25 12:56
Oooh there's a problem. My old card just expired and now I have the new type with the chip. Am I going to have to try and make max withdrawals every day that I'm in Tokyo from 7-11 (hehe) in order to finance my northern adventures?

Does anyone know the nearest town to Aomori where there is a 7-11 since it seems the post office atm wont be working for me and my stupid chip.

Thanks for writing back.

by SeattleMick (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/25 13:11
Don't know where you heard there is no Seven-Eleven in Aomori but if you search Google maps or Seven-Eleven's branch finder they are definitely there.
by Liz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/25 17:03
It used to be that there were no 7-Elevens in Aomori and Tottori prefectures, but there are some now (it should be noted however that there is still none in Tottori city). There is also still no 7-Eleven in Okinawa prefecture.

Seven Bank ATMs can also be found at other locations besides 7-Eleven stores (for example in Okinawa there are some at Naha airport and at the ferry terminal in Ishigaki).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/25 17:25
I would also look around for AEON Bank ATMs. See MasterCard's official announcement on where cash can be withdrawn:

http://www.mastercard.co.jp/personal/atm-notification.html

http://map.aeonbank.co.jp/aeonbank/?lang=en
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/25 17:33
Keep in mind however that not all Aeon Bank ATMs accept foreign cards. Especially, those at Ministop convenience stores don't, except in Tokyo and Osaka.

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/25 18:07
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/26 06:51
gokurosan (appropriate? Its a long o though right ' - ' + 'o' aw sound?)
by SeattleMick rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/26 09:16
Are you trying to say "Thanks for taking the trouble?" That phrase you gave (yes, "gokurosan" or "gokurousan" would be the ways to write it) is used for example by a boss to his/her subordinate, thus not appropriate in this situation.

"Arigato gozaimasu" or "Otsukare sama deshita" would be the polite phrases to use here, though off the topic :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/26 09:23
The city of Aomori seems to have 23 Seven Elevens, according to the franchise's official website.
http://www.sej.co.jp/shop/index.html

By the way, "gokurousan" is something a big boss might say to a newbie.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/26 09:55
haha Oops! Arigato Gozaimasu!

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/26 11:47
http://pkg.navitime.co.jp/sevenbank/?lang=en

map to find 7 Bank ATMs....several in Aomori.
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/26 20:54
The city of Aomori seems to have 23 Seven Elevens, according to the franchise's official website.

I count 12, you are probably including neighbouring cities in your search. ;)

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/26 21:43
Sorry about that. I meant to write that the prefecture of Aomori seems to have 23 Seven Elevens, according to the franchise's official website. (Although I clicked Aomori-shi, they seem to give us results of the whole ken.) All of them are supposed to have an ATM too.

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/26 23:24
haha thanks there is one right across from my hotel :D

Re: No 7-11 in Aomori. Where to get money? 2016/8/27 07:47
Goody!

reply to this thread