Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling around Kanazawa 2016/8/26 13:21
Hello, I'm planning a family trip to Japan during October and we are planning to stop by in Kanazawa. We are interested in going to Higashichaya old town and omicho market.
Would you recommend renting a car , taking the train or bus to get around the tourist attraction in Kanazawa?

Thank you
by nikki29tu  

Re: Travelling around Kanazawa 2016/8/26 13:35
You can't access the tourist attractions by train in Kanazawa. There is a tourist loop bus. When I visited Kanazawa, I walked everywhere. It's about 25 minutes to walk from Kanazawa Station to the Higashichaya district direct; or, you can take a route past the market (adds about five minutes).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling around Kanazawa 2016/8/26 15:47
Bus works - I have a friend who used it, but I usually walk around because the places/attractions around the city are not so far apart. If I was going to explore more widely, then a car might help.

However, I usually stay across the street from Omi-cho, and that is only 800 meters from the train station, meaning the art museum, castle and gardens are within 30 minutes. For the tea house or temple area, it is a bit further.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling around Kanazawa 2016/8/26 16:53
Car is a bad choice for multiple reasons like parking and costs.
Bus is the common form of transportation, though like the above two I just walk it. To hotel, to food, and to the castle/garden. I guess the bus would work but I rather use my time to work my feet than to figure the bus schedule.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling around Kanazawa 2016/8/27 01:19
Hi
The tourist loop bus is so easy to use and great for getting around Kanazawa. If you have some extra time there is Ninjadera on the far side of town, which is well worth a visit, especially if you like historical sites.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling around Kanazawa 2016/8/27 07:10
Use the tourist loop bus as explained in this website.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling around Kanazawa 2016/9/2 08:09
Not only in Kanazawa, you don't rent a car in Japan. Its transpositions are excellent. take comfortable shoes and walk,
otherwise, you miss a lot.
by Setsu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread