Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kinugawa Onsen - Meotobuchi bus info 2016/8/28 03:32
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to visit Okukinu onsen on january 1st 2017 from Kinugawa Onsen by bus and back on january 3rd.
I've found the bus timetable here: http://www.city.nikko.lg.jp/seikatsuanzen/guide/seikatsu/bus/documents...
But on Nikko city's site they do not say if the service is 365 days/year... so I'm little worried about if there is service suspension on year's eve.

Also I'd like to know if tickets must be purchased at ticket office or if you have to pay when you get off.

Thank you!
by FrankIT  

Re: Kinugawa Onsen - Meotobuchi bus info 2016/8/28 11:40
But on Nikko city's site they do not say if the service is 365 days/year

Yes, they do. It states 運休日 なし which means that the bus runs every day of the year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kinugawa Onsen - Meotobuchi bus info 2016/8/28 18:52
Oh, I missed that.
Thank you so much Uji.
by FrankIT rate this post as useful

Re: Kinugawa Onsen - Meotobuchi bus info 2016/8/28 23:22
Just a bit of advice.
If you're traveling lite, walk from the station.
I was there in March, the station is like just over a mile from the Onsen, and it's an amazing view around that area.
It's a beautiful small mountain town that does not get many tourist, i was the only American in the whole town when I was visiting.
Make sure you look into the Goblin scavenger hunt too, i forget the exact name of it, but it's free to do, and you huht all over town for the 13 goblin statues, and when you collect all the stamps you get a tiny prize at the doll collection museum, great way to see the whole town.
by Rutherford (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinugawa Onsen - Meotobuchi bus info 2016/8/29 04:16
Thank you Rutherford for the advice!
I will visit the town for sure.
by FrankIT rate this post as useful

reply to this thread