Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Codeshare JL, Jet Star? 2016/9/9 03:18
Hi,
Were looking for tickets from Nagoya after arriving from abroad (JAL) toward Kagoshima and they suggest a JAL flight codeshare with Jetstar Japan.

I know Jetstar is a LCC so would it pose a risk going by such a codeshare? In case of cancelled flight, etc, would it give me less chance of getting on a later flight than on non-LCC?

I choose Nagoya because arriving at Narita would mean a transfer of airports (to Haneda)...
by Michail (guest)  

Re: Codeshare JL, Jet Star? 2016/9/9 10:33
JAL and Jetstar are in the same alliance, so yes they share. IF you book complete through as the one trip, in cases of delays, you will be covered.

If you book separately, then the onus is on you and not the carrier to get to the connecting flight.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Codeshare JL, Jet Star? 2016/9/9 14:16
I read a post on another forum mentioning that you actually pay a much higher rate doing it as a whole ticket than booking separately, like booking for a JAL / ANA flight but the outcome is a LCC.

Like paying 1000 USD for the JAL or ANA instead of paying 100 USD for the LCC...
by Michail (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Codeshare JL, Jet Star? 2016/9/9 14:52
No, JAL and Jetstar are not in the same alliance. Jetstar's parent company Qantas is a member of Onewold, but Jetstar itself is not.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Codeshare JL, Jet Star? 2016/9/9 15:22
I read a post on another forum mentioning that you actually pay a much higher rate doing it as a whole ticket than booking separately, like booking for a JAL / ANA flight but the outcome is a LCC.

Like paying 1000 USD for the JAL or ANA instead of paying 100 USD for the LCC...
There is a lot of variables that go into it. but it probably isn't that extreme as your example.

I can book a flights Gold Coast to Narita Jetstar Pacific, Narita to Kagoshima Jetstar Japan as one booking, and the Kagoshima leg costs about 15,000 yen extra.

If I book it separately through Jetstar Japan, then it works out about 10,000 yen.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Codeshare JL, Jet Star? 2016/9/9 18:03
Firas,
It says codeshare, but maybe that doesnt mean they have to be in the same alliance?

There will be no problem if they are not in alliance, considering delays/missed flight b/c of delay etc?

by Michail (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread