Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Harajuku Station renovate Schedule? 2016/9/10 00:50
I have plan to visit Tokyo on November, and want to visit this Hundred year station.
What is the exactly date to start the renovation ?
by Torpong  

Re: Harajuku Station renovate Schedule? 2016/9/10 15:12
It looks like JR want to have the renovation work completed by 2020, but are not even sure if they are going to preserve the old station building (the new building will be adjacent to the current one).
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Harajuku Station renovate Schedule? 2016/9/10 16:27
There isn't a hole lot of info out there about the works to begin.

Last I heard JR East wanted to hear from the community about what to do with the station. That was about 3 months ago.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Harajuku Station renovate Schedule? 2016/9/11 21:50
Last I heard they were rebuilding the existing station - on one side is a major road, the other is Meiji Shrine so building a new one isn't practical. The challenge is renovation while it is still in use.

However, may stations always seem to be constantly under construction of one sort or another. Tokyo and Shinjuku spring to mind. I can't remember a time when there wasn't something major going on with those two.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread