Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best value JR fare, hotel & place interest? 2016/9/10 02:52
Want to cover Otaru, Hakodate & Sapporo in 8 days.
What is best value train travel or JR ?
18Oct flight land in Sapporo, 19Oct Sapporo to Hakodate. 22Oct return to Sapporo. 23Oct to Otaru.25Oct to Sapporo. Pl recommend good value Japanese hotel with onsen or Airbnb that my Wife & I with two grown up sons? Sons share one room two single bed.

by B C Tank (guest)  

Re: Best value JR fare, hotel & place interest? 2016/9/10 10:37
I would suggest seeing a travel agent. You can pay someone to organise a holiday for you.

You can find accommodation options using online search engines (e.g. Booking.com, Rakuten, etc.). I'd advise against AirBnB as many of the Japan listings are illegal (Japan has strict rules for private apartment rental that AirBnBs don't always follow).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best value JR fare, hotel & place interest? 2016/9/11 21:53
Hokkaido pass - you are only staying in one area.

Don't AirBNB - generally illegal, and you probably don't want to be evicted by the police when the neighbors complain and be stuck with nowhere to stay (some Japanese are doing this to AirBNB places regularly).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Best value JR fare, hotel & place interest? 2016/9/12 00:08
Check the travel cost because it's probably not worthwhile getting the JR Hokkaido Pass because you'd need the 4 day flexible pass that costs more than paying for separate tickets http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_01.html

And don't worry about travel agents. They usually haven't experienced the things you're looking at doing and get all their info through the industry. Would you want someone who confuses Chiba with Chubu and thinks Bitchu Matsuyama castle is in Ehime prefecture organising your holiday? Exactly.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best value JR fare, hotel & place interest? 2016/9/14 20:55
there are good hotels and bnb near hakodate station.
by Jan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread