Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking shinkansen and hida wide view tickets 2016/9/27 09:11
Hi,

I have a question about tickets. I will be going to Takayama from Osaka and I'll need to go to Nagoya first by shinkansen and then from Nagoya, catch the Hida wide view train. Will I be able to get tickets for both the shinkansen and wide view train from Osaka or do I have to get the wide view ticket separately upon arrival at Nagoya station. By that I mean will I have to go through the gates at Nagoya and reserve a seat/ticket or something? I will be using a JR pass for these trips by the way.

Thanks in advanced
by irvinb (guest)  

Re: Booking shinkansen and hida wide view tickets 2016/9/28 07:40
Book both sets of tickets at Osaka. The ticket offices can issue tickets for any journey around Japan on their rail network (in this case, for JR lines).

The transfer at Nagoya is pretty easy - from the shinkansen use the transfer gate and head to the Hida Wide View (there are overhead signs that indicate the platform) and there is an elevator to the platform if you have heavy luggage.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Booking shinkansen and hida wide view tickets 2016/9/28 10:27
How about "Hida 25" dep fr JR Osaka in the morning no need transfer.
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=OSAKA&arv_node=...
Most LtdExp Hida trains operated fr/to Nagoya but only above one train operated fr Osaka.

If not (via Nagoya) you can buy both reserved tickts at most JR stn's ticket office in Osaka.
(no need Shinkansen stn "Shin-Osaka")
Transfering Nagoya stn you have to thru the connecting gate
fr Shinkansen line to Conventional lines(slower trains track).
If transfering time enough and by Japan Rail Pass or similar pass
you can ticket gate out as "stop over" for shopping or eating.

If no discount pass book direct Exp(High)Way bus maybe better.
by natta (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread